Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 6: Catholic Faith

I am thankful that my parents introduced me to the Catholic Faith.

It is Sunday today so it seems fitting that I give thanks for the faith that was instilled in me by my parents. The Catholic faith has been central in my up-bringing. We attended Mass together, prayed before every meal, and celebrated all of the various Feast Days of the Catholic Faith together.

When I was in France this summer, I visited a few Catholic Churches and attended Mass in Lyon and Paris. Even though the language was foreign to me, the Order of the Mass was exactly the same. I think it's pretty cool that I can travel far away and still feel 'at home' in the church, regardless of the language spoken by the Priest.

I hope to some day visit the Vatican City - possibly with my mom as I am sure she would love to see it as well. In the mean time, I am hoping to visit the Vatican Splendors Exhibit at the Minnesota History Center!

1 comment:

Meg said...

hey! another boy in the family! so much fun! your condo looks so cute and cozy! i love it. hope all is well and happy thanksgiving! so fun keeping up with you on here