Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I've been cooking lots of Mexican food in mi casa lately. It's so gluten free friendly - corn tortillas, corn chips, mmm. I've had tacos 4 times in the last week!

I also made a great Spanish Rice for a Cinco de Mayo party that I attended this weekend. I found the recipe here. It turned out really good! It's something I would definitely make again, although I think I'd halve the recipe next time around - it yielded SO MUCH.

It was pretty easy to make. Just saute some red pepper, onion, and garlic,




Roast some corn,



Add some other ingredient and bake!




I have so much left over, I'll probably be eating this 4 times in the next week as well!

5 comments:

aimee said...

that looks really good!!! i think i'll have to try the recipe!

qwerkyqook said...

Karina saves my life everyday! Looks delish! I'll have to give this one a try!

Jess said...

Looks yummy! I may have to try it too.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Unknown said...

Yum!! I love Karina!! I have placed this recipe in my file as a MUST TRY!
See you Friday!

Amber said...

Hmm I love mexican food! Only we had nasty mexican takeout tonight that kind of turned my stomach. I should have made it at home instead, would have been MUCH better!