Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Y'all know the drill. Here goes:

1. What was the last concert you’ve been to?
I went to a Brandi Carlile concert in September and it was amazing!!

2. Is it easy to make you cry?
Oh yah. I cry very easily - always have, always will.

3. Do you ever feel like people underestimate you?
Hmm, I have never had to think about that - my gut instinct is no. Exception is running - I don't think ANYONE thought I'd ever run a marathon. And I did!

4. Name 7 completely random things that you like:
- Linen-scented wallflowers from Bath & Body Works
- Coffee table books - especially if they feature photographs of a city I've visited
- Cherry Pomegranate Crystal Light. I drink about a quart a day!
- Red, pointy toed shoes. I think every girl should own a pair!
- Kitchen twine - I love packages tied up with it. Gives it a vintage feel.
- Bananas on my corn chex. I used to eat them on Cheerios, but I can't have them anymore so tried putting them on my corn chex and it actually tastes great. I think you could probably put bananas on any cereal and it'd taste great!
- ironing - it's really calming for me

5. What’s your favorite reality TV show and why?
Project Runway. I am so impressed by what the designers are able to do in such a little amount of time! Plus I adore Tim Gunn!!

6. What is your favorite hair care product?
Probably this Aveda shine serum I use. Helps to keep the frizziness at bay. But really, there isn't a hair product that I use that I couldn't live without - I haven't found anything that spectacular!

7. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Tough question! Maybe "Breakeven" by The Script?

8. What’s the number one thing on your Christmas wishlist?
Definitely a Garmin GPS. I get lost ALL. THE. TIME.

9. Have you ever lost your cell phone?
Yes. I lost it in Europe. Don't ask me why I brought a cell phone to Europe. It was 2004, so our cell phones didn't work there then. But I am going to cut myself some slack because I was ridiculously sick on this trip - maybe the sickest I've ever been in my life. So I was on a ton of cold meds and just not really functioning all that well so it's not surprising that I lost my cell phone during the trip.

10. Did you attack the hordes of shoppers for Black Friday?
Hells no. Even if they were giving stuff away for free I STILL wouldn't go out and shop at 5 in the morning. That just does not sound like fun to me.

12 comments:

Emily Jane said...

I've been wanting a pair of red pointy shoes forever!!

Oooh, and can I send my ironing down? :)

Mandy said...

Hoorary for GPS systems! I asked for one for Christmas too. I never know where I am going. Shopping on Black Friday can be fun, but you definitely have to be in the mood for it. And yes, bananas could make any cereal better.

Anais said...

Well, how typical, I forgot what I wanted to say :(

I'm so impressed with you having run a marathon! You're definitely an inspiration :)

ps: I like those ten on tuesday things! we learn ltos of random and cool facts ;)

Chelsea said...

You wouldn't go shopping at 5am even if they were giving things away for free??? Seriously? That can't be true. I refuse to believe that.

Anonymous said...

I have two pairs of point red shoes. One in BRIGHT red and one in more of a maroon color. LOVE THEM.

I love bananas (when I could have them) with Frosted Flakes. Mmmm. Yum.

Amber said...

I'm a total crier too. It took a LONG time for Eric to accept that about me haha.

I cry when I'm even a little bit upset, or mad, or stressed, or sad, or happy. I also tend to feel tears welling up when I'm trying to stand up for myself to someone. It's weird.

Kyla Roma said...

I think I'm going to need a GPS for my trip to Vancouver- my city is little so I don't get lost but I'm really scared to take the sky train all over!

I love kitchen twine too- I just bought kraft paper so I can send brown paper packages tied up with strings!

Little Fish said...

I stayed safely indoors on black Friday. Even if I celebrated Christmas (hence having Christmas shopping to do), I would never venture out on that day.

Carolina John said...

kelley says if she ever gets cancer she wants tim gunn to break the news to her. his voice is always so soothing that it would make the news seem better.

Abby said...

You need to give me a fashion 101 update/lesson some day, Lisa... :)

The red pointy shoes sound adorable!

Agreed on the bananas.

I buy the plainest, blandest, "store-brand" bran flakes--and jazz them up with bananas and cinnamon, and raisins to create my new favorite cereal!! :)

Abby said...

PS....

Knowing you in your early days, marathon was not something that would be expected.

And now you are runner-extraordinaire! Pretty awesome! I'm so proud of you :)

Marlys said...

I could never wear pointy shoes anymore - bunions you know? Enjoy them while you can and I hope they don't create bunions for you someday!