Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

It's time for another installment of "Ten on Tuesday" - this week there are some bonus questions, so it's Fifteen on Tuesday instead!


1. If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
I would change my complexion. I have the most temperamental skin. I break out when I am stressed, when my hormones spike at different times, when the seasons change. You name it. I would love to have a clear complexion more than anything. I have honestly done everything I can think of from seeing a dermatologist to getting regular facials, but I seemed to be doomed to problematic skin. I seriously look like I am going through puberty right now - I was super stressed last week and it's showing on my skin. :(

2. Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?
How much time do you have? Ha. I'm not even going to say just kidding. Here are a few: complaining about something that you have the power to change, being late, and sniffling over and over and over - just blow your dang nose!

3. What is your favorite recipe using ground beef?
Hmm, I am going to have to say chili. I actually don't have a fantastic chili recipe - I am still on the look out for one! Do you have one? Send it to me!

4. What was your favorite book as a kid?
I was apparently obsessed with "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". It's not a popular book, but dang did I love it. I guess I had it memorized. Now I read it to my nephews and I just don't understand why I loved it so much!

5. Did you work as a teenager and if so, where?
I sure did! I did quite a bit of babysitting and then when I was in 10th grade, I started teaching piano lessons. I had 10 adorable students!

6. Did you work while in college and if so, where?
Sure did! I had actually had as many as 3 jobs at a time. First I sold shoes at JC Penny's but then I quit after I was sexually harassed by the loss prevention guy. Gross. After that I got a job as a waitress and ended up working there all through college. My senior year I also worked at the newspaper, answering the phones and selling ads to on campus organizations. And I was also a T.A. for Applied Calculus. I proctored exams and then graded them. Thrilling work, let me tell you.

7. When you go to sleep do you like total darkness or semi? When you go to sleep do you need quiet or is some noise ok?
I need absolute silence. Ticking clocks drive me up the wall. I have to take the batteries out - otherwise I will not sleep. I am kind of flexible on the darkness thing because I actually wear a sleep mask! I don't wear it because I need it extra dark, I wear it because I have a hard time falling asleep and it helps me keep my eyes closed and relax. Bizarre, I know.

8. When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?
Fabric Softener! I love Downy!

9. Open toed or closed toed shoes?
Both! I do not discriminate when it comes to shoes!!

10. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Oh jeez. That's tough. I'm going to have to say deaf - which is shocking because I absolutely love music. But I can't imagine getting around if I was blind.

11. Dangle or stud earrings?
Studs. I'm not much for big earrings. I think they look bizarre on me.

12. Bottled water or tap?
Either! Unless I am traveling, I rarely buy bottled water.

13. What do you put on pancakes?
I'm a traditionalist - maple syrup.

14. On a long trip would you rather drive or fly?
Fly. Unless I had all the time in the world and the trip would take me through a beautiful part of the country. Then I would probably say drive. But I'd need a fun co-pilot that liked the same music as I do!

15. Do you prefer classic old movies or new?
My favorite movies tend to be the classics, like Breakfast at Tiffany's or Casablanca. They had less to work with in terms of budgets and special effects, so the acting and plot had to be spot on!

13 comments:

Anais said...

I feel the EXACT same way about the eye mask! I just find it so relaxing to feel it over my eyes and forehead!! lol :D

As for the chicken recipe, check out mine! I don't have the link handy but it should be on my blog somewhere. OR google "red chicken chili". But I have made some changes... more beans, a bit less chicken, a big can of tomatoes and a bit more broth. And it's perfect that way ;)

ps: Any place you'd recommend me visiting in Paris? I've done most of the touristy stuff, so if there's a little tiny place or park or walk that you liked let me know :)

Emily Jane said...

Hahaha I read your sniffling comments and started laughing because I've had a cold the last few days but have refused to blow my nose as often as I should 'cause it's our work Christmas party today, and I refuse to look back at photos and see Rudolph!! :)

Emily Jane said...

Hahaha I read your sniffling comments and started laughing because I've had a cold the last few days but have refused to blow my nose as often as I should 'cause it's our work Christmas party today, and I refuse to look back at photos and see Rudolph!! :)

Abby said...

OH my god! I agree with you on the sniffling! AHHHHHH!!!

I could name a few more of yours if I really felt the need to. ;)

And you had 9 adorable students + a bratty little sister you taught piano lessons to. ;) Oh I love those days.....

Anonymous said...

I've never used an eye mask before but I'm curious as to if I would like it or not! Sometimes I can't be super wrapped up when I sleep; really no idea why.

Now that you mentioned chili, I'm craving it! =)

Kyla Roma said...

I'm a big eye mask supporter, and now I can't sleep without mine!

And I would rather be deaf because I have deaf bloggy friends who are rocking, amazing people who I think would be able to give me a ton of guidance =)

Leigh said...

You and me both on the one thing you'd change about your appearance. I have tried everything and nothing works! I'm the same way with stress...it shows right away on my face.

I have a lot of pet peeves too! People being late, chewing with their mouth open, just to name a couple

Amber said...

My friend spent the night with me last Thursday to drive me to the airport EARLY on Friday morning and we're lying in bed gabbing away and then we both shut up and are about to drift off to sleep when she goes "You have a ticking clock!!!" Hahahaha, I had to take my clock down off the wall and put it in another room because it was driving her crazy. I don't even notice it anymore. Too funny.


People sniffling drives me CRAZY too!

Chelsea said...

Eww, sniffling. Disgusting.

I made PW's chili. It's in her cookbook but I don't think it's on her blog. It's great.

Kelly said...

I totally agree with you about being late. I think it's the rudest thing! I mean maybe 5 minutes is fine but anything where it's like i could've been doing something else rather than waiting for you...gr!

I hope this week is going better than last week for you!

Nicole said...

Ha! I love your answer for #2. I could probably write a book on things people do that annoy me. That's probably bad for me to admit.

Mandy said...

I have never tried a sleeping mask but have been contemplating one. Maybe I will give it a go.

I love to rock some dangley earrings. Hoops are my standard but after work all bets are off. The longer the better.

Lisa-Marie said...

Dude, you have had A LOT of jobs! I like myself an eyemask too!

I also hate sniffers. I hae the cold, and I blow my nose when it needs it. There is no need people! thats what tissues were invented for!