Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
Easy. If I had the capital, I'd open a book store in a New York minute. It would have to have a little coffee shop/bakery area because no book store is complete without the wonderful whirring of an espresso machine!
2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
A librarian. I think I would be such a good librarian - I would find the perfect book for each child that would open their eyes to the wonderful world of reading. I truly believe there is a book out there for every person!
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
I'd be a bird of some sort - I'd love to know what it feels like to fly!
4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
I'd love a personal assistant. He or she would send packages for me, sort my mail, pick up my dry cleaning, run errands, etc. A chauffeur is a very close 2nd!
5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?
Biting my nails when I am stressed.
6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Just one thing? Books. Definitely books.
7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
Does Amazing Race count? If so, I would love to be on that!
8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
I'd love to play Holly Go Lightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I just adore Audrey Hepburn. She embodies everything I aspire to be in terms of fashion/poise!
9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
- Spend at least a month in Paris.
- Return to Australia & New Zealand and re-visit all the places I saw when I studied abroad.
- Spend a month+ touring Italy
- Fall head over heels in love with a guy who loves me just as much as I love him.
- Run a 4:30 marathon.
10. Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
That's tough. I have had many wonderful birthday. I think one of my favorites was in 2008 - I went to a wine bar with about 4-5 girlfriends. We told stories and were laughing so much, we got shushed by 2 women who were in their 50s. They said something like, "we know you girls are having fun but you are laughing so loudly, I can't hear my friend talk." This birthday came on the heels of a very difficult, devastating break up, so the fact that I was laughing this much is a testament to the kind of girlfriends I have!