Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Who makes your Thanksgiving dinner?
Usually my mom. Although last year my parents were at my brother's in the Chicago area and I wasn't able to join them so I crashed my aunt & uncle's celebration!

2. What is your favorite recipe the includes pumpkin? (bonus points for including the recipe)
I don't have one... Is that bad? I tried making some GF pumpkin muffins last year and they turned out so horrendously, they were seriously inedible.

3. What are 5 things you want for Christmas?
5 thing? That's kind of tough... But here goes...
1. Gift cards to a store where I can buy more Fiesta wear to go with the plates I recently got.
2. Narcisso Rodriguez For Her perfume
3. Yarn or a gift card to the yarn store where I shop (Bella Lana in Minneapolis)
4. A new apron from Anthropologie (you can't have too many!)
5. Shauna Ahern's new GF cook book

* um, this was hard. I have been thinking lots about what to get others... Making my own list? Not so much. I feel like I am getting to the age where the # of presents I receive should be pretty minimal since I really do not need anything!

4. Does your family draw names or do you buy for everyone?
My older brother, my younger sister, and their spouses draw names each year.

5. How do you feel about motorcycles?
I hate them. They make me so so so nervous.

6. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy Saturday?
Sleep in, read in bed, knit, and eat soup for lunch!

7. What is the coolest thing to do in your city?
Well, I love the Lake Harriet area so I love taking visitors to one of my favorite book stores, then to my favorite ice cream shop, and then down to the lake to enjoy the views (weather permitting).

8. Do you paint your fingernails?
Never. It would look like a 5 year old did it.

9. Who is your favorite actor over the age of 50?
I think Richard Gere is really dreamy.

10. Do you have a high school letter jacket?
Hells no. I never bought one. I HATED high school. I am not exaggerating, people. I hated it.

PS - Tomorrow I kick off my "10 Days of Thanksgiving" blog post series - and I have some big news to share tomorrow!!!

22 comments:

Abby said...

There are so many funny little things we have in common. I never paint my finger nails either! Sometimes I will try -- and it lasts seriously 10 minutes!

And we both hated high school!

Ahh...Thanksgiving dinnerthe holidays. I'm so excited. :)

Charbelle said...

I'm going to have to play this one!!! You have a good christmas list!! I think Kohls has fiesta ware and I love the deals/steals I get from there!!!

Mandy said...

My mom and I are planning another trip to the Fiesta ware outlet, I sort of can't wait. The stuff is so addicting and I have no place to put it, but I refuse to let that deter me.

Also I think everything we did in Minneapolis was so much fun, but visiting the book store, the ice cream place and hanging out around the lake was pretty awesome.

Emily Jane said...

Oooooooh news! I'm excited! :D

I visited Anthropologie for the first time when I was in Chicago earlier this year... and I can see the potential for addiction! :)

Nora said...

I'll be posting mine on Thursday this week, but great answers! I only paint my nails clear because if I do color it doesn't last and it looks super sloppy. Kind of frustrating really!

Can't wait for the 10 days of Thanks posts =) =)

Jess said...

Awh, Richard Gere. I don't know that I'll ever get over my childhood crush on him!!

Excited for your big news and 10 days of Thanksgiving!!

Unknown said...

Oh! I love Fiesta ware! What colors? I love to look at it in vintage stores.

Marlys said...

I love Fiestaware, too! And I will be so excited to find out the news tomorrow - I like that you put us in suspense! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Leigh said...

We do the same as your family...we pick names and set a price limit. I think it's better that way because everyone doesn't need a tonne of gifts and you get what you want.

Can't wait for your big news :)

Stephany said...

I don't paint my nails for the same reason. :) Also, not a big fan of pumpkin.

Big news?! I'm excited to hear what it is!

Amber said...

I find the older I get the harder it is to come up with a christmas list! This year was boring things like running socks and clif bars. Ha!! I did ask for a French Press coffee maker too though. I've never had French Press but I've heard good things!

I NEVER EVER paint my fingernails, or my toenails for that matter. I really need a pedicure now that the marathon is behind me. My feet are still looking pretty nasty :S

Erin said...

You have inspired me to go apron shopping with your recent posts :-) Also- I cannot wait for your 10 Days of Thanks........ Woohoo!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Haha...you hated high school. Whaaat? I HATED middle school. Torture, hell, ugh. I on the other hand had a very hard time leaving high school. Everyone has different experiences!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

PS I love narcisso rodriguez perfume...love.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Feel the same way about Christmas gifts- all I want is trips haha

Nicole said...

Hahaha... letter jackets!! I never had a jacket, but I did letter... in orchestra!! Oh my, I'm such a nerd. ;)

Becky said...

I'm doing 10 days of thankful again this year too - although I'm not starting until next week. You are the genius behind the idea (don't worry I give you credit). :)

When you come here in April I'm painting your nails. End of discussion.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

We didn't have letter jackets at my University. I don't know if any/ many Canadian universities do.

Gracie said...

I didn't go to high school. But if I had I would have hated it too. ;-)
I must say I think crafters are such fun to shop for at holidays...and very easy to shop for, as well!

Lisa-Marie said...

Clearly you are much more grown up than I am, I can think of about a million things I'd Like for Christmas!

Jeanie said...

Fiesta. Yarn. Soup. Knitting. No motorcycles or painted nail!

Really, we have rather a lot in common!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I hate high school as well and I never paint my fingernails. I will paint my toenails but usually I am wearing nailpolish all over my feet as well! I also think Richard Gere is dreamy and I want a cute apron as well!