Friday, February 4, 2011

Time for a Soiree!

I do not know how this is possible, but the weekend of my 30th birthday has arrived. I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but where in the heck did the last year go? Or the last 5? Seriously!

My 30th birthday party is tonight and I am so, so excited! It will be a small party with family and close friends. I've been thinking about this party for months so it will be fun to see it come to fruition!

Luckily, two of my closest friends are hosting the party so I have had lots of help! Of course, it will be a French-themed 30th - what else would you expect from a Francophile like me? Before I even started to think about the menu, I was shopping for the perfect dress! I purchased this dress back in November during a Shabby Apple sale! Stripes strike me as Parisian and I like that it has sleeves - I think it'll be the perfect outfit for my soiree!


Here is what we'll be serving! Not everything is French-themed, but the majority of the aps/sweets are!

  • Baked Brie
  • Olive Tapenade
  • Gourgeres (French for cheese puffs)
  • Spiced Pecans
  • Stuffed Mushrooms
  • An Assortment of French Cheeses w/ crackers & French breads
  • Proscuitto wrapped chicken
  • Macaroons
  • Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

I am sure I will have pictures to share next week!

Be sure to stop back on Sunday - I'll be posting my thoughts on turning 30!

Au Revoir - I am off to the kitchen!!

23 comments:

Becky said...

Happy early birthday! Have a fabulous party - and that dress is awesome! And loooooove that dress - very Parisian!

J said...

Happy early Birthday Lisa!! Hope you have a fabulous time at your party tonight!

Jess said...

I love that dress! You're right, it is extremely Parisian.

What a fun idea for a birthday party and the perfect one for you! Have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it! Happy Almost Birthday!!

Amber said...

You're going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!!! So excited for you :) And I can't wait to see a picture of you in that dress - it's VERY Parisian :)

Unknown said...

Love the menu!

Have a wonderful time! We are making French 75's tonight and will toast you!!

Seriously, in your honor...it's the least we can do :)

Have fun!

Mandy said...

Have so much fun and live it up tonight, girl! You will look fabulous and all your guests will have a fantastic time I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Lisa...I am SO GLAD I get to come to the party tonight...and the food is going to be amazing! Enjoy today and I will look forward to toasting an amazing 30th tonight!

Katie

Abby said...

Happy early birthday, my dear sister! I LOVE that dress! Too fun! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

Where DID the last 5 years go?! -- For you...they were spent traveling, studying in France, completing your Masters degree at a very young age compared to the rest of society, spending time with family, getting to know & being a great influence to your nephews, going through life-changing experiences that have built character, running marathons, starting the process to be a CFA, being a great sister, and amazing friend!

Love ya! Have fun tonight!

AshleyD said...

Happy Birthday! Your party menu sounds delicious. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Leigh said...

Happy early birthday to you Lisa! I hope you have a fabulous party with your family and friends :)

abbi said...

Happy early birthday! Have a wonderful party tonight, sounds great!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Happy birthday, Lisa!!! Your party sounds absolutely fantastic and I love that dress! Have a great time!! :)

Cherry Blossoms said...

I wish I could be there to celebrate!
Another tasty way to enjoy proscuitto is with cantelope.

Lisa-Marie said...

Happy 30th birthday weekend my love! That dress is very Parisian, and your menu looks delicious!

aimee said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have an amazing party and an even more amazing 30th year!!!

Unprofessional said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a FABULOUS birthday party-and I LOVE your dress!! I agree-VERY PARISIAN.

crystal said...

Happy birthday weekend, have a wonderful one!! I love the dress, very parisian chic!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds sooo fun! Have a blast. All the food sounds delish. Oh and please take a photo of yourself in that dress tonight!!! ANd share it later. Party harty!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday! Enjoy every moment of it! I just turned 30 in October and trust me, it's a huge milestone and there is no better way to spend it than with good friends and delicious food!

Stephany said...

I love that dress! It is SO YOU! I can't wait to hear how the party went and a happy early birthday to you!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

hope it was fun!!!!

Jeanie said...

Do share photos -- I can't wait to see! And I can't wait to see what lovely presents you received related to France! I'm so excited for your trip -- it's like going myself!