Tuesday, May 24, 2011

10 on Tuesdays

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
I used it for the first time last week - I listed my condo for rent and looked for condo's downtown.

2. Can you sew?
Not at all.  My mom tried to teach me when I was maybe 8 or 9?  Disasterous.  I tried making a bag for a 4-H project.  I couldn't control the speed of the foot pedal.  She said - 'here, let me know show you.'  5 minutes later, the project was complete.  I don't think sewing is for me. 

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
Pour the syrup over!  I've never heard of someone dipping pancakes in syrup! 

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
I like them.  I find the sound of rain and thunder extremely soothing. 

5. Do you like swimming?
I really like to swim, but I don't do it that often. 

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
I have never been to a Sonic.  We don't have any by us (that I know of).  I think I would get a cherry limeaid if I went to one (I think that's a drink they serve?). 

7. Are you funny?
Not in general, but I have random things happen to me which make for good stories that I can usually laugh at (and make others laugh at) after the fact. 

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
Um, like 18.  I can't believe how young kids are when they get cell phones.  I got my first cell phone at the age of 21.  How on earth did I survive all those years without a phone - gasp. 

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Tough call...  I'd say tomatoes, but that is technically a fruit...  so I have to say potatoes.  Or fresh green beans.  Or all vegetables, really! 

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
Nope.  I don't think we had a Girl Scout Troop in my one-horse town.  Instead I was in 4-H.

11 comments:

Amber said...

I beg to differ on #7! Your emails and whatsapp messages often make me laugh out loud :P

I borrowed my moms cell phone from ages 14 - 15. More for her than for me, it was so she could get a hold of me when I was hanging around town with my friends. I got my own cell phone when I got my drivers license. That thing was like a walkie-talkie lol. I'm amazed at all the young kids with blackberries and iPhones now-a-days!!

Oooh I actually really love green beans but almost never think to make them!

Raquelita said...

I didn't have a cell phone until I was 19. Then I got rid of it when I was 21 and didn't have one again until I was 23. Part of me wishes that I didn't have one now.

Who dips their pancakes in the syrup?!? As far as strange habits go, it's not so bad, but I'm pretty sure it's one that I haven't seen.

Abby said...

Cherry Limeades from Sonic are delicious, as well. However, I choose to not get them since they aren't "slushy".

I disagree with #7 and think you are very funny. It seems almost every time we get together, my cheeks hurt from laughter afterwards. You have a way of telling stories!

Becky said...

"I listed my condo for rent and looked for condo's downtown."

AHHHH! I almost stopped reading after that because I'm so excited! I agree - I've never heard of someone dipping their pancakes either!

Mandy said...

Pouring the syrup over the pancakes is really the only way to go. Also? High five for being from one horse towns and being a member of 4-H! City kids have no idea what they missed out in childhood, right? Yes, that's completely sarcastic.

I think you are definitely funny. You never fail to make me laugh.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I feel like I will get my kids cell phones early even though I make fun of it because I'll want to be able to get a hold of them. Plus i have memories of searching EVERYWHERE for a freaking dime to call my parents haha. Maybe I'll get them only phones that can call me haha. Wow I am going to be a psycho mom...

ALso I like you are funny!

Leigh said...

I have never used Craigslist, but use Kijiji all of the time. Lots of great finds on there! How is renting out your apartment/finding another one going?

I love rain storms if it's a warm summer night and I can have my windows open to hear it. Nothing better!

Unknown said...

We gave our children access to cell phones when each received their driver's license. It was a relief to us to know they had arrived at their destinations safely. And, it also was a reward for good grades. They knew that driving and phone privileges were earned and also lost. Very beneficial.

Cherry Blossoms said...

I also can't believe how many little kids we have running around at school with a cell phone. I get it that parents want to be in touch with their kids but really at the age of 8 who lets their kids run around with out a parent?!

Yes, the limeaids at sonic are so good.I get the dt. cherry limeaide for 13 calories.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Sometimes I dip my pancakes in syrup :-) It keeps them from getting soggy.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

ha my husband and i have discussed the cell phone thing and since we dont have a home line nor plan on paying for one in the near future we have talkeda bout getting a prepaid one that stays at the house for Isla that she can use to talk to her friends but it would stay at the house all the time and she would have limited use of it because I feel strongly that no kid needs a cell at school unless they are of driving/working age.