Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Chelsea's 10 on Tuesday movie-themed questions were written by the lovely Nora

1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
You've Got Mail.  I adore that movie!  I just think Kathleen Kelly is one of the most likeable characters ever.  And she has some great quotes in the movie that I can relate to, like this one:

"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."
2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why?
Maybe Rachel Weisz?  I bear no resemblance to her, I just really like her on-screen personality. 

3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?I think it was Little Mermaid!

4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school?Nope!

5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?)
I'm a Netflixer, and holy canasta, I am one profitable customer for them. I think I've had 2 discs since January.  I should just cancel my service and resume this fall...

6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with.
Maybe Ryan Reynolds?  But only if he has a personality akin to his character if Definitely, Maybe.  Then he would have the total package of looks + wit + brains.

7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Most definitely Magnolia with Tom Cruise.  Those are 3 hours of my life I'd like to get back.

8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go?
If I am planning ahead, then yes.  I will usually bring my own soda.

9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it?
I love it as long as you don't put butter on it...  not a fan of buttery popcorn!

10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion?
I'd have to go with Beauty and the Beast.  I adore that movie. 

18 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I said Ryan Reynolds too! I really hope his onscreen personality is similar in real life... he is so funny!

Ashley said...

Beauty and the Beast AND You've Got Mail! We're movie soul-mates!

Marlys said...

1. I can't think of a movie I'd want to watch for the rest of my life! 2. That would be the most boring movie ever! 3. The Ten Commandments, I believe. 4. Yup - with Paul. Embarrasing. 5. Netflix. 6. Hmm, he's no longer alive, but I think it would be Jimmy Stewart. 7. Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf 8. Sometimes! 9.Love it, without butter! 10. Song of the South!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

okay after reading nora's answers and now yours i need a cherry coke slurpee and some movie theatre popcorn.

Raquelita said...

I am with you on Beauty and the Beast. I was another extremely profitable customer for Netflix - but then I canceled my subscription.

Nora said...

Oo, Ryan Reynolds. Good call. He's single again so maybe we should go to Hollywood and find him :)

I should have put You've Got Mail for #1. It was a toss-up between that and Love, Actually. I'm just a sucker for a good romantic comedy =)

Jeanie said...

I like You've Got Mail and the Kathleen Kelly character, too. Whenever it crops up, I can join in anywhere, anytime and know right where I am!

Jess said...

I do love me some Ryan Reynolds, though something tells me he may not be the nicest person in the world. (I hope I'm wrong though!)

Mandy said...

Oh lordy do I love that quote from You've Got Mail. It speaks to me so clearly at the moment. LOVE it, thanks for sharing.

I would have to go with Beauty and the Beast as my favorite Disney movie too. I wanted to be Belle when I was younger. Sometimes I still do.

Amber said...

oooh LOVE Beauty & the Beast but Peter Pan holds a special place in my heart for Disney movies.

I actually have only seen You've Got Mail once and to be honest was not watching it THAT closely. I will have to watch it again!

I watched No Strings Attached yesterday on the plane and thought it was a really good romantic-comedy! I love Ashton Kutcher :)

Abby said...

I think Beauty & the Beast and the Little Mermaid are a tie on best Disney movies ever!

I just watched You've Got Mail a few weeks ago -- and forgot how awesome that movie is!!

We just went to a movie last night, which was the 1st movie I've seen with Ryan since last february (2010) - "Something Borrowed". It was cute...but I have to say I'm kind of getting sick of Romantic Comedies centered around cheating, though....

Stephany said...

My mom and I canceled our Netflix because of that same reason. I would like to get it back, but our DVD player recently broke and we haven't bought a new one yet.

I only like the first few handfuls of buttery popcorn and then it gets too much so I like it nice & salty. I love movie popcorn too much.

Allison Blass said...

I keep seeing all these answers and thinking to myself WHY DIDN'T I WRITE THAT DOWN? I LOVE You've Got Mail!

Charbelle said...

LOL you sound like Daron with the netflix. I just buy movies, b/c I am so bad to take them back to Red Box I would end up buying it anyways. I love butter popcorn, just like I love the horribly bad for you buttercream(aka lard) icing :)
When I worked at Hallmark one of the girls I worked with used to tell me I looked like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, I love that movie!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

You haven't seen a movie in the theater since "The Little Mermaid"!!!???

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Oh, oops. I misread that question!

That was the first movie I saw in theaters I think too!

Becky said...

When I was little I wanted to BE the little mermaid! We both have red hair, we both liked to sing, and she ended up marrying a prince - good deal, right?

Shoshanah said...

I'm with you on the anti-butter on popcorn. It wouldn't be so bad if it was real butter, but that stuff is so fake it kind of sketches me out.

And I had totally forgotten about Definitely, Maybe. I saw it in the theaters back when it came out, but had totally forgotten about it. I don't remember a whole lot about it, except that it was such a cute movie.