Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wine and Love v15

I took a couple of weeks off from Wine and Love, but I am back this week with my grievances and loves.  Play along.  Nora hosts. 

Wine:
- It's dark when I bike to work now.  I know this is to be expected as we move into fall...  At least it is still light out when I get home from work!
- In preparation for all the business travel I have coming up, I went on a shopping spree at Banana Republic this week.  Luckily, nearly everything was 40% off and I got an additional 15% off as I had a coupon.  So that helped, but it still took a dent out of my checking account.  I just keep reminding myself that it's an investment.
- I have been kind of stressed about my trip to Charlotte for work.  It's just an office visit and the intent is for me to get to know some of the traders, but I just keep hearing how intense it is down there and how I better have a good question to ask when I meet each trader as they will only have time to answer one question.  The environment is NOT like that at all in my office in Minneapolis so I am just a bit apprehensive...  Hopefully I come back next week and say it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be... 

Love:
- Becoming an aunt.  I went to my knitting store on Tuesday to pick out some pink yarn.  My plan is to knit a couple of hats on the 3 flights I will be taking over the next 4 weeks.
- Even though it sucked to spend the money on work clothes, I really love the clothes I bought.  I found some really flattering things and the pieces I bought are all interchangeable.  Makes it a little more exciting and fun to pick out clothes in the morning!
- Charbelle has a fabulous weekend planned out for us!!  Can't wait to spend some quality time with her.  We have so much to catch up on!  Plus last time I saw her was not under the best of circumstances as I got so sick during that DC 10 mile race and wasn't 100% when we had dinner that night.
- I am now able to take public transportation (the light rail) to and from the airport.  Which saves me money and is way less of a hassle (granted, work would pay for parking... but for personal trips that will save me quite a bit).

14 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I can't wait to see the pink hats that you knit! :)

I hate the days getting darker too... I wish somehow I could live in a place where it got light at 6am and the sunset at 8pm all year round haha

Raquelita said...

Yeah, I need to buy another headlamp because I can't find mine and it's going to be dark even if I wait until 6 to begin my long run on Saturday (hopefully my IT band will let me get through the 20 miles and Chicago will be a go).

I hope you'll show us some of your purchases at the end of the month. I love getting new clothes.

Becky said...

Ahhh pink things! Yay!

Fingers crossed your trip isn't as intense as you're expecting either - and have a FABULOUS time with Charbelle! Send me a pic this weekend!

Wine: Not getting enough sleep this week - seriously, the earliest I've gone to bed each night is midnight. Not. Cool.

Love: Birthday week. There's something that's happened each day that makes me feel a little pampered!

Stephany said...

It's crazy how FAST the days get dark here. It's like one minute it's light and the next minute, the sun went down. Like... whaaa?

Wine: ...I've been sitting here for 3 minutes trying to think of something and I can't think of ANYTHING. I guess that's a good thing. No complaints from me this week! :)

Love: Finishing boot camp! Ah! So happy!

missris said...

Oooh what did you get a Banana? I was in there recently and wanted one of everything! Their stuff is expensive but it lasts a loooong time!

Marlys said...

Hope the "work" part of your trip is not as bad as you are expecting and that the "rest of the weekend" is just super enjoyable! I know it will be!
I love being a Grandma again! And to have a touch of pink amidst the blue is divine!

Leigh said...

I think it's exciting that you get to travel for work! I really need to go shopping for new dress pants. I just have a terrible time finding some as I am so short!

Amanda said...

I'm so sad that it's not getting light until way late - I like to get up with the sun in the morning, but now that pushes me behind, ha! :)

Amber said...

Don't fret about the clothes! It truly IS an investment that you needed with all the business travel you have coming up.

I hope you have a great weekend in Charlotte with Charbelle :)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I'm pretty sure I'd put "work trip to Charlotte" in my Whine column ... not my most favorite city ... but, I'd put "getting to visit with great college friends who for some unknown reason choose to live in Charlotte" in the Love column!!!! hahaha.

Your office visit will be just fine. Seriously. They're just traders, not royalty. At the end of the day, they shit just like the rest of us. =)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I can't wait to see what you bought at Banana! I love seeing how other people put outfits together. I am in desperate need of some new work clothes too, but am so hesitant to spend money after buying such an expensive purse. I think a shopping spree is going to have to wait until after Christmas for me. Unless I buy a couple new pairs of shoes. I really need those.
Hope your trip to Charlotte goes well and you enjoy it there! Can't wait to hear all about it! Text me if you get bored in airports. ;)

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I am with you -- I hate how dark it is already getting...in the am and pm! I don't really want to run on the treadmill, but am loathe to run in the dark.

I love BR's clothes but man, even with 40% + 15% they are pretty expensive for me. I tend to wear the same few outfits over and over anyway, so I don't shop very much. Except for shoes. A girl can always use a new pair of shoes. And books.

My wine: My motivation this week for running has been NIL. And I have a race on Sunday.

My love: The weekend is here! Wooo hooo! (or hip?)

Jeanie said...

I wish we had better mass tran here. Very hard to find a bus line that will get you there faster than a car. Hope your trip goes very well -- I'm hating the darker days, also!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Good clothes are always an investment. I was actually just thinking that today, when I realized that my more expensive pants are so much better than my cheap Old Navy ones. The expensive ones don't wrinkle at all, even after a couple wears and throwing them into the hamper.