Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Music, Books, Miles, and Looks of December

Music:



Winter Song by Sarah Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson - Oh my goodness, I was so excited when I found out 2 of my favorite artists recorded a song together.  This song is so beautiful.

Books:

Whoa, I read a lot this month.  But I knew it was my last month of freedom before CFA studying resumes, so I made the most of it.  Plus, I read a lot of light, easy reads, many of which were holiday-themed.

Holiday Books:
- The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck
- Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason Wright
- Lost December by Richard Paul Evans
- The Perfect Love Song by Patti Callahan Henry

Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda - This made my top 5 of 2011 list!

The Wedding Letters, The Seventeen Second Miracle, & The Cross Gardener by Jason Wright - I loved The Wedding Letters, it was such a great sequel to The Wednesday Letters.  The other 2 books I read by this author were sort of disappointing, though.  Oh well, can't like them all, I suppose!

Divine by Karen Kingsbury - This was a Nook Free Book Friday book, so I picked it up.  I knew the author was a Christian author, but I didn't realize the extent of how religious her writing style was...  It was interesting as the story of the main character mirrors the life of Marry Magdalene, so it was an interesting concept, it was just a little too over-the-top religious for my liking...

Miles:
- I did not track my mileage this month, but it was a better running month for me, and I also started biking again a couple of times a week.  Luckily our weather was really mild so many of my runs were done outside!  I much, much, much prefer running outdoors to running on the dreadmill!

Looks:  


This was my favorite look for December.  It's another dress I got for half off at Banana - I wore it tgo work and then swapped my purse for a wristlet and wore it to my condo building Christmas party.  I love outfits that are appropriate for work and social events.

19 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Love the dress and all the book and music recommendations :) I just started Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and I like it a lot so far. I'm enjoying my light reads so far in 2011 haha.

Becky said...

You DID read a lot - wow! And love that dress on you!

qwerkyqook said...

Cute! Is that a necklace or part of the dress? PS. I love my cup, I've been seeing it turn up on blogs everywhere this month! Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Cute dress! You did read a bunch during December!!!

I am disappointed because the reciprocity between Hennepin and Dakota counties ended on January 1st, so we can't check ebooks out of the Hennepin system. No warning, and I had some good books on my wait list.

Stay warm!

Carolina John said...

Great winter song! Sarah's drummer is one of my fraternity brothers (Josh Day in my FB friends list). She's incredible. It still kinds of freaks me out when I see Josh on the Today show or something.

Was the Glenn Beck book any good? It looks ok but you never can tell with him.

Jess said...

You always look so fashionable, seriously! I may have to start coming to you for advice about some good outfits!

Nora said...

Adorable dress! Way to go on all the book reading last month (and for the recommendations of what Wright books to avoid!)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I really like that dress! I love pieces that can be made into several different outfits for several different kinds of events. I'm all about utility when it comes to clothes - they're just too expensive not to!

You did have a good month reading! I don't blame you one bit, I'm trying (tryyyyying) to do the same thing in January!

missris said...

That dress is super cute! I'm in awe of all the books you managed to read in December. I think I only read 3 or 4!

Anonymous said...

Love that song! I'm listening to it as I write this comment and it's really lovely :)

You read a LOT in December, that is just nuts! I was so stressed with school and work (ah, retail at Christmas) that I only finished ONE book. Sometimes I go through those months where I'm just so overwhelmed I have trouble focusing on the things I love most. Hoping to correct that in January!

And that's a super cute dress too! I like this post idea :)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I love that song - so pretty! I kind of fell in love with Sara Barelleis when she judged The Sing Off. She's quirky, geeky, thoughtful and a whole lotta fun. I could be friends with a girl like that!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Wow, you really did read a lot! Good for you!! I have to start getting to my stacks and stacks of unread books.

That song is beautiful :-)

Cherry Blossoms said...

Too funny about the song! Chris and I discovered this song last year and was used in a family slide show. It is a beautiful song and def one of my favorites as well.

Amber said...

I love that dress! The neckline is so pretty!

Secret Daughter is such a good book, it would make my top books list too. I've had to slow down on reading it because it's one of those books I'm enjoying SO MUCH I don't want it to end :)

Stephany said...

Karen Kingsbury can be a tough author to read. She puts a lot of faith into her books, much more than other Christian authors. I enjoy her because she breaks it to the bare bones of Christianity but I know she's not for everyone! :) Yay for reading!! And I love that dress. A lot.

Abby said...

Love the dress! You are probably one of the best-dressed people I know! Gorgeous.

What a treat that you've been able to run & bike outdoors so much this winter! :-)

Jeanie said...

Hey, your favorite look looks fabulous! And what a list! I found almost zero time to read in December. I'm a tad jealous!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Cute dress! And I love the little sweater! You did read a lot this month! I read a few books, but less than the last couple of months, due to the holidays, travel, etc. I have to admit, I did not LOVE the Wednesday Letters, so I am not sure about reading more books by that guy, but I DO want to read the Secret Daughter. For some reason my local library does not have it. :(

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I always love your looks! Dresses that are cute yet professional are so great as they can perform in so many settings. Any cute single guys in your condo building?