Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 9

Today I am thankful that I opened my heart to dating. 

I'm thankful that I gave dating a chance because I met someone... someone really great! We were set up by a mutual friend. I went into our first date with fairly low expectations (which is my 1st date MO) and I was totally and completely pleasantly surprised.  The conversation flowed well, there was definitely a spark, and I biked home from that date grinning ear to ear.

{Source}
 We've been dating for 7 weeks so things are still very new, but I am excited to see where this goes. He is also taking level 3 of the CFA next June so we have lots in common, professionally. And more importantly, he understands that stressful phase of my life and can relate to what I am going through when I prepare for that exam. He has also been very understanding of my crazy travel season.  Meeting someone in the midst of my busiest travel seasons has not been ideal (I've been gone 3 of the 7 weekends since we met), but we have made it work and have learned a lot about each other (and how to communicate) through the process!

There are many things I like about him. I like that he listens and remembers things I tell him - and that he asks follow up questions days later which shows he really was listening. I like his sense of humor and the fact that he also loves to read. I like that he is intelligent and that he loves that I was a math major (finding out that I was a math major is what made him want to meet me). I like that he shares my love of the game cribbage. I love that he is a cuddler and gives the very best hugs. Lastly, I love the feeling of butterflies that I get when I see him.

So often in life I feel like I am spinning and rushing from one thing to the next. But this guy?  He makes me want to stand still.

31 comments:

Sue @ SimonsSistaSaw said...

Aww - my favourite thanksgiving post of yours so far. So good to hear this news and hopefully it all continues well for you both.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Also my favorite of your Thanksgiving posts! So happy that you are happy! I did not realize you are both taking the CFA... perhaps you can study together haha... apparently I think you are still in high school, because i was picturing not much studying actually happening. Okay, seriously though- glad you are happy, he sounds perfect for you!

Becky said...

Yay! I love this post! Like Kelly said, so happy you're happy!!

AshleyD said...

I can't stop smiling reading this post! So incredibly happy for you!

J said...

YAY! So happy that things are going good for you! Hopefully things will continue to go well!

missris said...

Love this!

Stephany said...

I am so, so, SO happy for you, Lisa! This might be my favorite posts from this series so far. :) Yay!

abbi said...

Aww, yay!!

Unknown said...

:-)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I have been anxiously waiting for this post and I could not stop grinning as I read it! I'm so happy for you and cannot wait to meet him someday!

Marlys said...

I am smiling with tears running down my face! Mom

Nora said...

This is my favorite line: "But this guy? He makes me want to stand still."

I remember telling people that exact thing when they asked me why I wasn't dating and/or didn't have a boyfriend/someone special.

I didn't know he's taking the CFA Level III too; definitely awesome that he gets how tough it is and will be right there with you through it.

It's so easy to see how happy you are in this post and you deserve it :)

Leigh said...

I am so, so, so happy for you Lisa! You deserve to meet Mr.Right and he sure sounds like he is :)

J and A said...

YAY!!! This makes me so so so happy to read! :) You deserve a good guy and happiness!!

Raquelita said...

YAY! This post had me grinning from ear to ear for you!

Amber said...

Your moms comment is so sweet :)

I love this post. So very happy for you! XO

Marisa A. said...

YAYYYY!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear more about him. I just did a happy dance in my office chair :)

Cherry Blossoms said...

I was wondering when you were going to break the news on here! What an adorable post! So happy for you and of course can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Yay! This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about him :)

Stevie said...

Sooooo exciting! Can't wait to see where this goes :-)

Elizabeth said...

OOOH this makes my heart fill with joy for you! :) Sounds like a great guy so far :)

San said...

Oh wow! 7 weeks! And you kept this a secret for so long? ;)
VERY happy and excited for you, Lisa <3 I told you, when you least expect it... someone will sweep you off your feet :)

<3

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you. I know you have such a busy, full and joyful life --- he must be extra special to get to have a part in it. Happy for you.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I'm so happy for you!!!!! I am in a pretty new relationship too (well I suppose it's been about 6 months), but I know what you mean about wanting to stand still.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I'm so happy for you!

Shoshanah said...

This is so exciting Lisa! I'm wishing the best for you, and can't wait to hear more about it. And I realize that it's hard to write about relationships when they're new, but I'm hoping to hear more about him, because I really want this relationship to stand the test of time for you. Wishing you guys the best!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Awwwwww... Hurray for the new guy! I like him already and was so glad after your first date that he did not live up (or down?) to your expectations!

Jeanie said...

You nailed it in the last line. The guy who makes you want to stand still. I'm so happy it's still going so well. You make me smile. Well deserved and wonderful to have a special friend at the holidays.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That last line made me teary. Love it. And love that you've made your coupledom official. =)

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ah, I love that you met someone who is making you so happy. And the last line of this post is just perfect.

Melissa said...

AWWWW LISA :)))) This made me smile so freaking big. I'm ridiculously happy for you (and very upset I'm so behind on reading this. Must catch up on my GR eventually! Sigh.)

But seriously. YAY :D