Friday, November 2, 2012

5 on Friday

Woo hoo - I posted 5 times this week for the first time in AGES.  This won't be a new trend, but it worked out this week!  Here are 5 things on my mind this Friday.

1.  Julia Child night is tomorrow night!  Woo hip!  I am heading over to my aunt & uncle's tonight to help make the main course (Coq au Vin) which we will warm tomorrow evening (it's even better the 2nd day).  I am so excited for a weekend of good food, and especially time with my family.  My parents and brother and his family will be there, in addition to other aunt/uncles/cousins.  In total there will be 24 of us there, I think!  I will post a recap at some point next week!! 

2.  I really need to buy another business suit.  I do not want to buy another one, though.  They are so expensive and I hate wearing them, but I have had to wear a suit twice a week lately and will need to wear one 3-4 days a week when traveling to Texas and California this month so I think it's time to buy another one.  Le Sigh.  They are so expensive.  Thank goodness I got a 50% off coupon from Banana Republic for next weekend!

3.  I activated a 30-day yoga pass on Sunday and have gone to 3 classes so far.  I am loving the deep stretching - it's been a nice change of focus after being solely focused on running for the last 6 months.

4.  I usually love Daylight Savings Time, but this year I am not looking forward to it getting darker earlier as I HATE running in the dark.  My pace is significantly slower and I just feel 'off'.  I don't feel scared, I think I just get disorientated.  I wear a headlamp, which helps, but it's not the same as running in daylight.

5.  I really can not wait to sleep in on Sunday morning.  It's been awhile since I have slept in and my body REALLY needs it.  So I guess the extra hour from DLS will be good in that regard!


Happy Friday everyone!  What is on your mind today?  Do you like Daylight Savings Time?  Or do you live in a place that does not acknowledge it?

18 comments:

abbi said...

I'm not looking forward to the time change because it means instead of wanting to go to bed at 8 PM, now it's going to be 7 PM. I'll be anxiously awaiting spring and longer daylight hours overall! Enjoy your Julia Child night!

missris said...

I'm not looking forward to the time change for the exact same reason. This week was my last chance to run outside after work before it's dark at 5pm and of course it rained ALL WEEK and I didn't get a single outside run in. Treadmill, here I come...

J said...

Have a fabulous time at Julia Child night! Hope its lots of fun! I am excited to sleep in on Sunday for DLS but that is about it. Not looking forward to 5pm sunsets :(

Amanda said...

What fun! A few years ago my friends and I had a Julie & Julia potluck, where everybody made Joy of French Cooking recipes.

Marlys said...

I love the extra hour of sleep that this time change gives us but not the early darkness that follows! We are so excited to see everyone and enjoy the festive Julia Child night of great food, family & fun!

Stephany said...

I usually look forward to the time change but I'm really not this year. It just makes me feel more tired as it gets dark so early! At least it means it's lighter in the morning, though, which is when I exercise so that is SO much better than waking up when it's pitch black outside!

Have a FUN Julia Child night. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Leigh said...

Hope you have so much fun at Julia Child night! Can't wait to hear how it goes :) I hate running in the dark too, but don't really have a choice anymore :( Have a great weekend!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Wait, aren't we about to exit daylight savings time? I'm so confused. Either way, have fun at your Julia Child night - that's always such a big highlight of your year and I can't believe it's already time for it!

Caroline said...

Happy Friday! I'm looking forward to daylight savings because I've been having SUCH a hard time waking up these days, but you make a good point about not wanting it to get darker earlier. Not so excited for that...

Have fun at Julia Child night!

Nora said...

I can't wait to hear all about Julia Child night! So excited for you; enjoy the family time :)

I can't believe it's time for another time change. Time is just flying. (also how many instances of the word time can I fit into this comment?)

Carolina John said...

i wear a headlamp running in the dark too, even though the streets are pretty well lit. I just want to be sure other crazies see me out there. Good call.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

hope you have a great weekend with family! im jealous im not eating your meal!

Raquelita said...

I can't wait to hear all about Julia Child night! I'm actually looking forward to falling back because, although I don't like losing the light in the evenings, it means that for at least a week or so it will be light before 9am here again. I do also enjoy the extra hour of sleep.

Elizabeth said...

Have fun sleeping in---you need it! I'm mixed about the time change---just feels later this year! Enjoy Julia Child night and the extra time with family.... :)

Becky said...

I'm posting this Sunday morning when it's not quite 10 AM your time and I hope you're still sleeping - you SO deserve it!

This weekend I've been knitting like it's my job (I started and have almost finished a whole scarf), and have really been taking it easy - nice change of pace from October.

I can't wait to see pics of Julia Child night!

Amber said...

I usually love the time change too but this time around it's left me feeling really tired and blah. It does seem like today is going by quite slowly though which I quite like :)

Can't wait for the Julia Child night recap!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

We don't change time in Saskatchewan ...

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

It's interesting that you don't really like running in the dark. I don't mind it; it seems quieter for some reason, and more calm (maybe because you can't SEE everything around you?). What I don't like is the lack of motivation that the darkness brings.