Given the polarized view on this day, I thought it would be fun to do an "I'd Rather" post to sum up how I feel about today!
- stay in and make dinner than eat out in a packed restaurant.
- receive French macaroons (especially salted caramel flavored) than flowers.
- receive flowers on a random day than on Valentine's Day, but would of course accept them today as well! :)
- receive tulips or gerber daisies or something like that than roses as roses don't seem to last very long - but would graciously accept any flowers that I received, of course!
- eat Laffy Taffy and conversation hearts than expensive chocolates (I'm not a huge chocolate person).
- celebrate the day running and take in this view...
and enjoy a post-run hot cocoa from Angelina's...
as I did 2 years ago today than celebrate in any other city!
- but... since a Valentine's Day trip to Paris is not in the cards anytime soon, I'd rather spend the holiday with Phil, cooking lentil enchiladas (his favorite meal I've made thus far), Spanish Rice, and Chocolate Souffles (wish me luck, this is a new recipe for me!) than spend the holiday any other way!
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Regardless of your relationship status, I hope that this day - and every day of the year - is filled with love!