Thursday, June 27, 2013

Looking Forward

In a effort to focus on the positive, I figured it was time for another looking forward post!

- Today I am looking forward my first pilates session this am AND I am looking forward to seeing some co-workers I know well from Minneapolis and other offices that are in town for work.  It makes my week when people I know well travel to Charlotte. 

- This weekend I am looking forward to finally going to see Before Midnight.  I thought I would be able to see it when it was released on 5/24, but it turns out it was just released in NYC and LA, but it's finally made it's way to more theaters, so I will be going to this at some point this week.

- This month (meaning over the next 30 days) I am looking forward to visiting Becky in the DC area.  I visited her over 2 years ago and she was SUCH a great host, so I can't wait to spend a long weekend with her and her husband Ben.  Plus we will be meeting up with Mandy as she'll be in the area at the same time!!  My fingers are crossed that I get to ditch the boot before this trip.  I have my follow-up appointment just hours before I fly out, so hopefully I get good news.  Either way I know I will have a blast with Becky and Mandy.

- This summer I am looking forward to going home to Minnesota for a week in August. I will be working most of that week but it will still be nice to have my evenings free to see friends and family.  I also have trips to Boston (to visit Kelly) and NYC (to visit Alli) planned for August, and my friend Heidi is visiting that month, so August is going to rock.  (It's also the month I get my CFA results back so I have a lot planned as a distraction in case I get bad news).

- This fall I am looking forward to going home on a monthly basis.  I have a wedding in September, another wedding in October, and Julia Child night in November (and of course I will also be home for Christmas in December!)  Being home on a monthly basis makes living far from home much more manageable.  I know the trips home will slow after that, so I will enjoy the frequent trips home this fall.

What are you looking forward to these days?


17 comments:

Becky said...

You have so much to look forward to! And I absolutely cannot wait to see you!!!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay, you have definitely planned out a summer and a fall to look forward to :) I should do a looking forward post so, or just post anything at all haha. I can't wait to see you in August! I know I've said that in like every single comment recently haha.

Gracie said...

You have a full summer! It helps to have friends to visit and it certainly helps to visit home.

Nora said...

Can't wait to hear about your pilates class from this morning!

Let's see- I'm looking forward to taking the girls' to their first baseball game this Saturday, having some friends in town next week, and then hopefully a few relaxed nights after that.

Later this year I'm hoping that I can get a getaway planned for me and D and that our family will be able to head to Seattle to visit my brother around the holidays!

Linda said...

what happy things you have on your horizon!

I'm looking forward to Portland next weekend.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Too bad your trip to MA is in August, not July. We'll be traveling to the Cape for a quick visit in just a few weeks! But, it sounds like you really do have some wonderful trips and visits coming up - definitely worth excitement. Also, I think you have all that fun planned in August to CELEBRATE your CFA results. Just sayin'... =)

Caroline said...

This is awesome! You have so many great trips planned! Looking forward to things certainly help me when I'm not loving my current state. I'm excited for you to come to Boston!! :)

Abby said...

Awesome!!!Love this and all the good things you have planned in the near future!

I am so excited to hear how Pilates went!!!! I so hope you like it! It will make you a stronger athlete, too, as your core will be so strong!

Yay for fun trips coming up!

I'm looking forward to starting work........(*insert long, awkward, frustrated sigh*). And looking forward to the 4th of July, 3 couples here are staying @ the Grand Hilton downtown, and watching the fireworks from the rooftop of our hotel!

Alli said...

I'm looking forward to your visit in August too!! And I'm looking forward to my trip to Cleveland and Milwaukee next week which means knocking 2 more states off the list as I work towards visiting all 50!

Jeanie said...

I am SO excited that you have lined up a terrific summer. It will make settling easier I think!

I'm just looking forward to going up north next week -- for a whole week! Heaven!

Amber said...

You have an awesome line up of trips and visiting people this summer! I am looking forward to lots this summer as well which is great. Something I'm REALLY looking forward to right now is a whole week off of work in August! I switched some of my vacation days around so I'm now taking the whole week off before my 50 K and I'm SO excited about it. At this point it's looking like it will likely just be a staycation with likely a night or two of camping in there but it will just be nice to have time off work so I can relax before my big race!

melissa said...

It honestly sounds like you have a ton of great things to look forward to, which is amazing :) So many trips home!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I am looking forward to my last day of work tomorrow - then 2 months of holidays!!!

San said...

Let me know what you think of "Before Midnight"!! I saw it last weekend and am curious how you liked it and what your thoughts are!

Looks like you have some wonderful things lined up! It's always good to have something to count down to! :)

xo

Stephany said...

What a fun summer/fall you have planned! You totally deserve it after your crappy first half of the year. YAY!

Marlys said...

Lots of trips back "home" - can't wait! And your other trips sound like a great diverson, too! Yeah!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Wow, you have a lot of fun travel and friends trips planned! That is a great way to see a bunch of different places, reunite with friends who are otherwise pretty far away, AND keep your mind off the CFA, which, by the way, I am sure you passed! :)

I am looking forward to a couple of fun weekends in Tahoe in July, going to BC in August and finally passing the one year mark at work, which will begin a new era in my life in the Bay Area... I hope you are having a blast with Becky!