Happy Wednesday, everyone. It's been awhile since I did a looking forward post, so I figured I was about due. Here are some things I'm looking forward to!
- Today I am looking forward to heading to Omaha, NE for a business trip. I haven't traveled for a couple of weeks so feel ready to hit the road again. This is a quick trip as I am just speaking at a conference tomorrow and then flying back. I will not even be in Omaha for 24 hours. Work travel is exhausting, but I need a little break from my office environment.
- This week I am looking forward to flying to Pittsburgh to visit Mandy! I will also get to see Erin and Marisa while I am there, which are 2 bloggers I have yet to meet. Erin and I share a love for Paris, and Marisa and I share a love for Chicago, so we have lots to talk about! Most of the weekend will be spent in Mandy's home town. I have heard so much about the Ohio Valley where Mandy lives, I can't wait to see it with my own eyes. The weekend will be fairly low key as I am trying to listen to my body and not overdo it. After spending two weekends in Charlotte, I have been feeling a little bit lonely so I am really glad that I get to spend a weekend with Mandy, who is basically one of my most favorite people.
- This month I am looking forward to going home for a good friend's wedding. I got to watch this relationship develop from the first date to the engagement to the wedding preparations. They are such a wonderful match; I'm so glad I am able to go back for their wedding! While I am home for their wedding, I will also be fitting in as much time with family and friends as I can. One of my best local friends is hosting me for the weekend so I'll get some quality time with her kids, which I'm excited about. I'm trying to not stress about how I will fit in everything I want to do/everyone I want to see. I know that I will inevitably disappoint someone who was hoping to see me, but there's one me and only 48 hours. I'll fit in what I can.
- This fall I am looking forward to my girls trip to Myrtle Beach with my mom, 2 sisters, and 2 sisters-in-law. The boys in our family have taken many, many hunting/fishing trips, so us girls are so overdue for some time away together. We have a ocean-front condo so I am looking forward to lots of walks on the beach. It will be my first trip to the beach since moving to Charlotte actually!
- This year I am looking forward to our 5th annual Julia Child Night! I just bought my plane ticket home for this last week and just can't wait for our foodie weekend. It's hard to believe we've been going strong for 5 years. This will serve as my "French Thanksgiving" as I won't be home for Thanksgiving since I'll be in Paris (eeks! Another thing I am excited about)!
I actually had a hard time choosing which things to feature in this post as I have A LOT to look forward to over the next 4 months. I think the end of the year is going to come fast - which I am very happy about.
What are you looking forward to?