Happy Friday - this week went by really fast for me! I have a fairly unplanned weekend which I am happy about as last weekend was pretty exhausting with all the moving-related tasks. I'm closing out the week with a 5 things Friday post!
1. I am trying to find a new rhuematologist. My cousin is a doctor and recommended 2, 1 of which is approved by my insurance. But do you know how hard it is to get an appointment? When I called to make an appointment, they said they'd need a referral (even though my insurance company doesn't require referrals) and said the referral could come from my Charlotte rheum. So I called my Charlotte rheum and her office said they do not do referrals and that the referral will need to come from my primary care physician. So I called the office of the PCP I saw in Charlotte to see if they'd do a referral and they said that since my insurance has changed, they can't give me a referral either. UGH. I am going to try to call the Minneapolis Rheum's office again to see if they'll make an exception on booking an appointment as clearly getting a referral is becoming a major headache. I'm hoping that if I send them my medical records that show I have RA they will be willing to set up an appointment. I could see my PCP in Minneapolis but I don't want to waste money on an unnecessary office visit. Le sigh. Dealing with medical stuff is so hard sometimes. End rant.
2. I have my first work trip next week which I am excited about. I am going to New York to spend some time with one of our trading desks out there. It will be a super quick trip as I am not even there for 48 hours, but I am looking forward to it as I heart NYC so much.
3. While I am looking forward to my NYC trip, I am also enjoying the fact that I am in a place where I can just 'be'. In Charlotte I would feel a sense of panic if my calendar wasn't full of out-of-town trips since I struggled to fill my weekend hours. But now I am back in a place where I appreciate the fact that I have a quiet weekend ahead.
4. My first week of shred workouts went well but boy did they kick my butt! It's been fun to try some new things and change up my schedule a bit. I still will fit in 4 runs so feel like I am striking a good balance between cardio and strength training.
5. Speaking of running, one of my favorite 'date night' activities is going running with Phil. We both live in great neighborhoods for running so at least once a week we go for a run together and then make dinner afterwards. It's nice to combine quality time together with being active. I've never dated a runner so this is a nice change of pace for me!
What's on your mind today?