If we were getting coffee today, I'd tell you:
- that my first week of work went really well but was kind of overwhelming. In the 3 days I worked last week I had 2 welcome happy hours and a welcome dinner, so I definitely can tell they are excited to have me (and the other 2 people who started on the same day as me) on board, which is a good feeling. Luckily I sit by about 10 people that worked at my former company, so it was a warm environment to walk into. I know they have high expectations for me so I am trying my best to meet and exceed those expectations which = stress. But I think it's impossible to avoid stress when starting a new job and I am confident that it will be a good fit.
- that moving wore me out and that I'm happy it's behind me. I'll do a post next week about the process and will share some photos once I get pictures up on the wall (i.e. once my 2 best local friends have time to come over and help me hang them because I suck at that). I'm so happy to be back in my old neighborhood, I am just giddy. My view is amazing and I am happy with my floor plan. And - I have plenty of room for my piano so will have that delivered sometime this month! Yea!
|I heart my view so much. When I have my windows open I can hear the sound of rushing water which is so peaceful.|
- that Phil and I are dating again! I have been quiet about the details of my relationship with Phil but we've kept in touch since I left. 2013 was incredibly difficult for both us as he dealt with the loss of his father and I dealt with the long list of challenges that was thrown my way, so neither of us had much to give. But now that we are living in the same city again, we are giving it another try. So far it's been really wonderful and it seems like we are better and stronger than ever. I think the year apart taught us how to communicate and understand each other better, and it gives us more of a sense of appreciation for the time we do spend together.
- that I feel like I have been bleeding money for the last 2 months so will be focusing on not spending much money in June. I can't say it will be a 'no spend' month because I know I will need to get things for my apartment and might need to add to my wardrobe as the dress code at my new job is a bit more formal than my previous one and they don't observe casual Friday so I might need to add a few pieces here and there to make sure I have enough clothes. But besides that, I am trying to cut out expenses wherever I can.
- that it's so nice to be back in a city where it's so easy for me to be happy. It's just wonderful to be close to family and friends, have a full social calendar, and to wake up to a view that is jawdroppingly gorgeous. I find myself smiling just walking down the streets of Minneapolis. I love this city so much, I could probably be an ambassador for it. I know it's not perfect for everyone, but it's perfect for me. I look forward to hopefully hosting some friends in the year to come and there are even places around my condo that Phil hasn't seen so I am excited to show him more of my neighborhood.
What would you tell me if we met for coffee today?