Oh Friday, I'm so happy to see you. This was a short week at work since I had Monday off but it sure felt long! Here's a hodge podge of what's on my mind today.
1. When I lived in Charlotte, Nilsa gave me a sentence-a-day journal. My goal was to write down something good that happened every day. I kept up with it for awhile but then really fell off the wagon but on January 1st I resumed writing something every day. It's a good exercise to end the day reflecting on something good that happened.
2. On that note, it's been fun to look back on what I was writing about a year ago. For instance, a year ago this week I started to run again (with lots of walk breaks). But it's weird to read the entries because a year ago I was living in Charlotte. Isn't it weird that I lived in Charlotte? Sometimes it just feels like a really long bad dream that didn't actually happen. And then I go back and read blog posts from that time that are rife with raw emotions and it feels a lot more real and makes me even more thankful that I'm where I am today.
3. We have very little going on this weekend and I am so happy about that. Tonight we are going to a game night at another couple's house and then tomorrow night we are staying in and I am trying a new chicken enchilada recipe. Since I don't have much planned I am going to try to participate in the Penguin Randomhouse Readathon on Saturday. Normally I would feel a little guilty about reading for 4 hours straight on a weekend afternoon but since it's an official event maybe I will feel less guilty!
4. Speaking of reading, right now I'm reading Runaway for my local book club which I borrowed from the library, I just downloaded The Book Of Unknown Americans from the library and I'll be picking up The Book of Strange New Things and The Rosie Effect from the library this weekend. I heart the library so much!
5. I've had some odd pain in my foot that extends up through my leg so my workouts have been really lame this week as I've only been able to bike and do upper body stuff. I was a little paranoid that I was having an RA flare-up but I don't think the pain is consistent with the pain I had in the past... so I just hope that whatever is going on resolves itself soon so I can return to my normal level of activity. Plus it's been so mild outside lately, it pains me to not take advantage of it and get some longer runs in!
What's on your mind today? Any fun weekend plans?