Happy Friday! Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me at work so I am especially thankful that today is Friday and the weekend is here! Plus, today is my birthday! Here are 5 things that are on my mind that are mostly birthday-related!
1. Today I turn 34. My last 2 birthdays kind of sucked as 2 years ago I was down about my move to Charlotte and then last year I was down because I was living in Charlotte and wasn't sure how or when I'd find my way back home. This year I get to celebrate with no doom and gloom surrounding me! Woo hip!
2. It's a little bit weird for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I
am 34, mostly because my life looks so different from what I thought it
would look like at this age. But there are lots of aspects of my life
that I never would have imagined like my trips to Paris, the marathons
I've completed, and the friendships I've formed with people from all
over the place so I am trying to focus on those aspects of my life
versus the other milestones I haven't yet achieved.
3. I'll be celebrating my birthday by going out to dinner with Phil at a Mexican restaurant I have been wanting to try. I can't wait to celebrate with a margarita and some chips, salsa and tacos. The celebration will continue tomorrow as Phil invited some of our friends over for ice cream sundaes and board games. I love playing board games so much so this is the perfect way to celebrate my special day.
4. All I want for my birthday is a nice dumping of snow. I know that people in the North East will probably shake their fist at me when they read that, but we barely have any snow... I just bought cross country skis in January and gosh darn it, I'd like to use them on some real snow! We did get a couple of inches earlier this week so it's looking a bit more winter-like out there, but we could use a good 6+" snow fall! I mean, if it's going to be cold, we might as well have snow on the ground!
5. Lastly, on a non-birthday related note, we leave for Santa Barbara in 6 days and I am so excited!! Even though I'm wishing for snow, I'm also excited to escape to warmer weather and sunshine! We're in dire need of some vitamin D! (Yes, I'm simultaneously wishing for snow and in need of sun)
What is your ideal way to celebrate your birthday? I'm all about low key celebrations so wouldn't change a thing about the plans I have!