If we were having coffee today...
- I'd tell you that I had the best weekend that included things like going to the driving range with Phil, a baby shower for a good college friend, a long bike ride with my friend Courtney, a dinner with some of the girls that were at the baby shower, and a fun afternoon with Phil on Sunday. The weather was in the 80s on Saturday and it was just a glorious day and one of those days that made me think, 'gosh I love my life!'
- I'd tell you that I was relieved when the condo I'm renting sold after ONE showing. Leaving your place in showing condition is a pain so I am so glad it sold so fast! I'd also tell you that I am moving in 10 days and have barely packed! A girlfriend is coming over to help me pack my kitchen the week of the move, which will help tremendously as that's my least favorite room to pack/unpack.
- I'd tell you that the presentation I gave at a conference last week went pretty well and that I am relieved it is behind me. I'd talk about how freaking stressful these big group presentations are and how anxious I am for the one I will give in Virginia in 2 weeks because it is 75 MINUTES LONG. That's WAY too long for me to stand up in front of a group of people and sound interesting (especially when the topic of my presentation is "the benefits of utilizing a Portfolio Analytics system"...). Luckily after this presentation I get a break until August.
- I'd tell you how excited I am for my meet-up with Kyria in Colorado at the end of May. We both love to hike and spend time outdoors so I know we are going to have a blast. Our plan is to do a really long hike in the Rocky Mountain National Park area on Saturday and then a shorter hike, possibly in the Boulder area on Sunday before flying out that evening. After doing some research on hikes, it's making me want to plan a week long trip out there with Phil as there is SO much to do. Plus, I'd love to take him to Steamboat Springs so I could show him where I worked and do some of the hikes I did when I lived there. There are so many places to go, and such limited money and vacation time...
- I'd tell you that the beautiful spring weather we've had lately (like this past weekend's weather) has done wonders for my mood. It's funny how much nice weather impacts us Midwesterners. It's been great to resume my routine of going for a run with Phil one night a week but in addition to that we've taken long walks, swung on swings at a local park (I guess we are kids at heart), and practiced our rock skipping on the Mississippi River. I've also been helping him out with some yard work around his house which I have really enjoyed!
- I'd tell you that Phil and I are going to try camping this summer. I have actually never been legitimately camping (meaning sleeping in a tent) as we had a camper when I was growing up. I think that it's something we'd enjoy doing together but we are going to try to borrow some equipment from friends before taking the plunge and buying all the necessary equipment. I'm really hoping we like it because that would really make birthday present shopping a whole lot easier when his birthday rolls around in August (he is the toughest guy to shop for!).
- Lastly, I'd tell you that I am 2 weeks away from the one year anniversary of moving back to Minneapolis. It kind of blows my mind how fast the past year has gone. Anniversaries of events always make me extra introspective so I have been thinking back on the last year and how my life has changed. There have been challenges, mostly related to work, but all in all, it's been a pretty incredible year.
If we were having coffee today, what would you share with me?