I know I will sound like a broken record when I say this, but I can not believe that 2015 is over half over! Time is a-flying! With the half-way point of the year behind us, I thought it would be a good time to check back on my 2015 goals and see how I am progressing. So here goes!
1. Work on resolving my sleep issues. Status: In progress. For this goal, I wanted to get off Ambien, look into having a sleep study done, and implement some cognitive behavior therapy techniques to improve my sleep. I've been off Ambien for a week now so have kind of achieved one of the goals, although I'm relying on Melatonin now. But it's natural so it's a lesser evil, right? I knew I would be changing insurance companies so I haven't looked into a sleep study yet, but I might if sleep continues to be a struggle.
2. Tackle a list of purging/organizational projects. Status: Completed. I made the most of the cold weather months and got through all of the organizational projects on my list! Knowing that I would be moving motivated me to get some of those organizational projects done.
3. Complete the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. Status: In progress. So far I've completed 21 of the 24 categories so am really close to completing the challenge! It's been really fun!
4. Read 12 books that I own. Status: In Progress. I have read 7 books that I own so am making good progress towards this reading goal, too.
5. Employ a "Buy One Give One Away" approach to all book, clothing, and kitchen gadget purchases. Status: In progress. I've done more 'giving away' than purchasing so far this year so am on track for this goal as well. It hasn't exactly been a 'matched' approach as I tend to get rid of a lot of clothes or books all at once and then slowly purchase new clothing. I have barely bought any books this year - I can only think of two that I have bought and I gave away about 60!
6. Complete a sprint tri. Status: In progress. The triathlon is just a month away and I feel fairly ready to tackle it. Since marathon training is my primary goal, I haven't strictly followed a training plan for the triathlon but I've done enough to get me ready for race day.
So there you have it: 6 goals, 1 completed, 5 in progress. The only goal I can see myself not achieving this year is resolving my sleep issues but at a minimum I am glad that I am off of Ambien now.
Did you set any goals for 2015?