1. I have my appointment with a sleep specialist today. I've been struggling with sleep for a long time, so I'm classifying this appointment as a good thing in my life because hopefully I'll be one step closer to sleeping better after this appointment.
|I hope the person I meet with can make some sense out of my sleep log and has some solutions. Averaging < 6 hours of sleep is not enough for me!|
3. Speaking of travel, I get to travel to Kamloops to visit Amber in just under a week! I'm really excited to spend 5 days with her exploring her area of British Columbia. The pictures she posts are so stunningly beautiful so I can't wait to see the area with my own eyes!
4. I didn't mention this before, but the weekend of my triathlon, I was side-swiped by a car when I was on the way to the race expo. The damages were just cosmetic so it's not a huge deal but I was relieved to find out this week that the other insurance company is accepting liability so I won't have to pay anything out of pocket. The other guy was 100% at fault as he changed lanes without looking and did not see me, but you just never know what is going to happen when insurance companies are involved!
5. I am wrapping up my 6th week of work and am really liking my new job! It's crazy to me that it's already been 6 weeks. Time flies when you enjoy what you do and the people you work with! This past week I got to visit our HQ in Chicago, which was a jam-packed whirlwind trip, but I was able to fit in an early morning run along the lake. Last time I was in Chicago, I was struggling with RA and unable to run so I especially appreciated being able to run on this trip!
|Chicago, you are so pretty!|
7. We have a fairly quiet weekend on deck. We're staying in tonight and I will make this pasta dish for my olive-lover, tomorrow I'll run 20 miles with my club (eeks!) and on Sunday morning I'll volunteer at a trail race my running club is putting on. Besides that we have no other plans which I am so happy about.
What are some good things happening in your life right now?