Happy Wednesday! My friend Leigh occasionally does "catching up" posts so I thought I'd copy her and do a catching up post of my own!
- My staycation last week week was wonderful but it probably should have been called a "producation" because I was very productive. I was pretty much on my feet all day Wednesday/Thursday tackling a to do list, grocery shopping, and doing meal prep, but it was nice to get all my chores out of the way before Nora's arrival!
- Speaking of Nora's visit, we had the best time! You can go read all about it here! It was really fun to spend a whole weekend together doing things that our significant others wouldn't be interested in (e.g. art museum, flower show, musical). It was also great that she had a chance to get to know Phil (and that she gave him 2 thumbs up!).
- This week is another busy week for me as I have things going on 3 out of 5 nights this week. I have my last ESL training session tomorrow. The training has been very interesting and useful, but I'll be happy to be done as the training is from 6-9 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays so it made for some long days. I'm definitely due for a shouldless day soon!
- The issue with my hip isn't getting better as fast as my PT thought it would/should so she referred me to a orthopedic doctor that specializes in hips. The X-rays show that I have an abnormal bone growth on the ball of my hip joint so I have to get an MRI tomorrow so he can figure out what is going on and what the course of treatment will be. Best case scenario I will need to do more PT; worse case scenario I may need surgery to repair a labral tear/re-shape the ball joint of my hip. I'm hoping PT will suffice. In the mean time I'm continuing to see my PT. I have so many doctor/therapy appointments these days, it's ridiculous.
- I ended up starting Whole30 earlier than planned to avoid having it coincide with our trip to San Francisco. Today is day 3 but so far it's been going well (although I know it will be challenging to stick to for 30 days). I'll be sharing more about it next week. I'm bummed that I'll be on Whole30 for Easter but I guess I'll just have to save my Easter candy until after Whole30 concludes!
- Speaking of the trip to San Francisco, we are booking our plane tickets this week! It will be an inexpensive trip for us as I have a free companion ticket on Delta that I need to use. It's going to be a shorter trip than we'd like as there was only one weekend in April that worked for Phil and I, and he can't leave until Thursday afternoon, and I have to fly to NJ on Monday for work but we'll make the most of the 3 full days we'll have there! Kyria is going to host us - I'm excited to see her new house and introduce her to Phil.
What's new in your world these days? For those who celebrate Easter, what are your plans? We'll be staying here and will celebrate the holiday with Phil's mom. I can't believe it's next week!!