I fully believe that all the quirks and eccentricities that we have makes us more interesting. I love hearing about the little personalty quirks, traits, and preferences we all have, so today I thought I'd share some of mine!
- I love dill pickles but I don't really like dill in other dishes, like in fish dishes for example.
- Speaking of dill pickles, I drink the pickle juice out of the jar. I realize this is disgusting to most people.
- One of my favorite fast meals is gluten free macaroni with ketchup on it. Phil just learned that this is a meal I love the day after I moved in and he was kind of disgusted by it. It's a family tradition.
- You'll never heard me utter the phrase "I have to pee." When others say it, it sort of makes me cringe. I prefer to say something along the lines of, "I have to use the bathroom."
- I don't paint my nails. I am terrible at painting them as I don't have a steady hand and even if I was good at painting them, it's just too much up-keep for me.
- I love dresses and skirts, but I strongly dislike running dresses and skirts. I guess that when I am active, I don't feel the need to look cute or girly.
- I am a very fast typer - I think I probably type close to 90-100 words per minute. I type fast because I used to practice typing with an old typing book that my junior high teacher gave me when she upgraded her teaching materials. Yes, the fact that I spent free time at home practicing typing drills makes me a very big dork but it sure is nice to be able to type fast as an adult. My coworkers at a previous job nicknamed me AK-47 because they said my typing sounded like rapid fire from a run as I'm also a LOUD typer!
- I do not like to shop. At all. I like having new things but I do not enjoy the process. Going to the mall is not my idea of fun at all so I try to go to the mall as few times per year as possible or ideally - NEVER. This dislike for shopping has been part of my personality since I was a young child. My mom could tell you about the epic tantrums I would throw when we had to go shopping when I was young. Sorry about that, mom.
- I could never do a mud run because the thought of being covered in mud makes me physically cringe. Even seeing pictures of others doing it or hearing about their mud runs makes me cringe. Plus it seems like you'd ruin your shoes during a mud run and running shoes are expensive!
- I love peanut butter but hate the smell of peanut butter when someone around me is eating it.
- I need to end all of my runs on the quarter mile. Seeing something
like 7.66 on my garmin drives me nuts so I will run around the bock
until I hit 7.75 miles.
- I think I've shared this before, but I do not like to step on the cracks of side walks and if I am walking on a tiled floor, I prefer to walk on every other tile. I know this makes me sound like the character in Rain Man.
What are some of your quirks?