Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Shouldless Days of '17: January

If I ever needed a shouldless day, it was this month. So I took one on Monday since I had the day off. The pace of life has been quite hectic lately so I fully appreciated a day with no chores or obligations!

I woke up without an alarm, which is blissful in and of itself. I started off my day by getting my sweat on and enjoyed a vanilla protein smoothie with banana afterwards.


After showering, I settled in on the couch and watched a couple of episodes of Suits on Amazon Prime. I'm on Season 2 and am really enjoying this show!


Then I met my Chicago brother and nephew for a late lunch at Chipotle. They had flown in for the weekend to do some ice fishing at our lake home. I'm glad I got a little bit of time with them while they were in the area!

Then it was back home for more couch time. Phil, Oscar and I sat on the couch and watched a couple of episodes of The 80s, which is a CNN documentary. It focuses more on pop culture than historical events but has still been entertaining.


I also did quite a bit of reading. I finished a book (Love Warrior) and started another one:
 

And I did a little bit of wedding stuff, like ordering our guest book from Etsy and purchasing some other decor items.  More on that in my next wedding update post!

It was a blissful, relaxing, slow-paced day, which was just what I needed!

Have you had any relaxing days recently?

13 comments:

Charbelle said...

Monday was a perfect day to have a shouldless day!!! I'm so glad you were able to fit in some down time!

Marlys said...

Well, that sounded like a perfect shouldless day! I greatly need one but don't see one on the horizon for awhile. I'm so glad you had a chance to meet Chad & Kolin! I think they had a great weekend despite the poor fishing.

Jeanie said...

Brother, nephew, Oscar, Phil. Sounds perfect to me! I really haven't had shouldless days for awhile and it will be a bit before I get one -- but then I'll enjoy full heartedly!

Carolina John said...

That sounds fantastic! Lots of couching makes for a comfortable day.

katielookingforward said...

Awesome day! I woke up early for an oil change, but went to a coffee shop during for some computer time while I waited, then cross country skiing and lunch with a friend, then watched a movie and was super lazy. I wish we had another monday off in march, it would really boost morale. If only companies could see it that way!

Abby said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! You needed that with all your travel and crazy pace!!!

I had a shouldless day on Sunday. I went to mass Saturday night to free up my day for my long run. It was a rainy morning - so I woke up naturally, had my coffee and a banana, and my friend and I texted each other until there was a slight break in the storm - did our long run. And then the rest of my day was spent food prepping, baking some paleo treats, and watching movies! It was splendid!!

suki said...

Looks a shouldless day well spent! Haven't had a chance to relax lately, but it's because I was sick for a bit. Now we're prepping for a trip, so it'll have to wait! :)

Erin said...

I am in need of a shouldless day! This has been a very hectic time for me--with sickness in our household, wrapping up the end of a grading period (which means all my grades are due), and Jason was actually scheduled to work every evening except two this month! Things should calm down a bit next week so I'm hoping I can have a shouldless day!!!

Yours sounds really nice :)

Stephany said...

This day sounds so perfectly relaxing! I like to use my Fridays as "shouldless" days as often as I can. Even though I have to work, I get off at 11:30 so I can use the rest of the day for me. Usually, this entails taking a nap, watching some Netflix shows, and reading. :)

Amber said...

That sounds like such a lovely day!! So glad you took a much needed shouldless day. My weekends have been pretty low key so far in January and I've REALLY been enjoying that and soaking it all up as this spring / summer is looking pretty busy.

Gracie said...

You keep reminding me to just take a day off. I don't know what I'm saving my PTO for!

San said...

Sounds like a great day, Lisa!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

That sounds like a really nice low-key shouldless day, which is just what you needed after your busy start to 2017.