2017 has gotten off to a bit of hectic start as I've been so busy between several work trips + wedding planning! I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off while trying to act like a duck. You know, calm on the surface but paddling like mad underneath. So I figured today was a good day for a virtual coffee date. Grab a cup of something warm and settle in!
|I'm treating myself to a vanilla latte with coconut milk as I write this post!|
- I am a little burned out on traveling/being away from home. Between going to Spain in late November/early December, 2 work trips to Chicago in December, traveling for Christmas and New Years, and trips to New Jersey and Jackson, MS for work in the first half of January, I'm kind of exhausted! Luckily, I will be home for a full week this week for the first time since the week before Thanksgiving! I leave on Sunday for one more work trip this month (which is going to be a crazy week as I'll do meetings with 3 different people over 3 days and stay in 4 different hotels...). At least I'm racking up airline miles to use for our honeymoon! :)
- I ordered my dress earlier this month so now I have extra motivation to tone-up between now and our wedding in May! Right now I'm doing the Core de Force program through Beach Body and am loving it! It's all body weight (i.e. no weights required) and I can access the workouts online. It's nice to have workouts I can do without leaving my house or hotel room. Next up I'm planning to do the 21 day fix workouts. It's nice to have some new workout programs. And in February I'll start to do some personal training sessions with a friend that is a personal trainer.
- Since our lives feel like they've been a little bit consumed with wedding planning/discussions, we decided to go on a little get-away to San Diego in mid-February. Our plan is to take a break from all wedding talk! We rented a cute condo in the Mission Beach area so I'm envisioning lots of walks on the beach and lots of grilling as our condo has an outdoor grill. We can't wait to thaw out, soak in some vitamin D, and do some hiking! If you've been to San Diego, let me know if you have suggestions for things to do!
- Speaking of travel, we've also decided to go to Maui for our honeymoon! We are getting married on a Friday and will fly out on Sunday for Maui and spend 8 full days there. I'm really excited as we'll get to relax on the beach and snorkel but also do some hiking and other outdoorsy things. We're hoping to get it booked by the end of this month. So I'm also open to any Maui suggestions!
- This post has been pretty wedding-centric but there are other things occupying my mind and time, like working on my January Happiness Project (organizing) and reading! I've already finished 5 books this month, the best of which was "When Breath Becomes Air." That book deserves an entire post but in case I don't get around to writing one, suffice it to say that it was a heart-breaking, amazing book.
If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me?