Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Our Wedding: Going to the Reception

Tired of reading wedding posts yet? I'm trying not to write an obnoxious number of posts but I know I'll love coming back and re-experiencing the day in years to come.

When the ceremony ended, we decided not to have a receiving line as we planned to go around to each table at the reception. By the time my dress was bustled, all of the guests had made their way over to the reception, so we headed that way and took some pictures along the way. This area of Minneapolis is my absolute favorite area of Minneapolis so it made for a beautiful backdrop for photos. Once again, I have a lot of images to share!

Here we are with our 'just married!' expressions!


This area of Minneapolis has cobble-stoned streets and side walks and just oozes charm.




We walked along the path that we've ran along together countless times!


Our matrons of honor and best men joined us for a couple more wedding party shots before heading to the reception!


I used to live in a building that is a block to the left of the tall building in this photo.


These are the photos I dreamed of taking when we decided to have our wedding in this area. I'm so glad that the weather cooperated! And I just love how green and lush everything is in these photos!


This photo is among my favorites of the day.



I love our expressions in this photo - the photos that capture our personalities are my favorite!


We crossed back over to the other side of the street and made our way to the reception, taking more photos along the way.



Phil was clearly still adjusting to wearing a ring at this point!




And then it was time to head into the social hour to kick off the celebration!

8 comments:

Marlys said...

I love all of them!

Gracie said...

You guys look adorable!

Amber said...

Definitely don't stop the wedding posts - I love reliving the day through all your posts! I'm SOOO glad the weather cooperated and you were able to take photos in the part of Minneapolis you loved so much. AND they turned out absolutely amazing to boot! I also love how green it is in all the photos!

Stephany said...

Girl, you post as many wedding recaps as you want! Your blog, your rules.

These photos are STUNNING. Not only because HELLO, you were a GORGEOUS BRIDE but also the scenery. Ugh, so beautiful. I'm so happy the weather cooperated so you guys could take these photos!

Vanessa Meads said...

All of your photos are absolutely stunning! I especially like the one of you holding your bouquet with the string of lights in the background. So gorgeous.

Charbelle said...

I'm so thankful the weather cooperated! I had been praying and praying!!! I love love love these shots!!!! I did portraits Monday and I went to the place where we had our first date and our second date and where our Y is so we're over there all the time. I love the pictures of y'all walking where you've run so many times!!! You are going to enjoy these posts and remembering the details for years to come!!!!

Jeanie said...

Oh Lisa, that's my favorite photo too. I love them all, though. (I'm glad you sent me the link earlier so I could see them full screen and get the details! Thank you!)

You were so lucky with the weather. And your photographer is excellent. You had wonderful setting/locations for it all. It's almost like being there -- I'm so glad you're sharing it all!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Ooooh, I sure hope you're going to post about the social hour/ food, etc.!

I agree, that photo that is one of your favourites is FANTASTIC! You have a great smile, and the photo captures your happiness so well.

Minneapolis is so beautiful!