Friday, March 8, 2019

TGIF

Woo hoo! It's Friday! This is my first 5-day work week in a couple of weeks. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish 4-day work weeks were a thing! ;) Here's what's going on in my life!

The book I'm reading is The Tattooist of Auschwitz. My friend Amber raved about this so I think I will like it.

The high of my week was seeing a decline in my weight on the scale. I started watching portion sizes, tracking what I'm eating and I mostly cut out sweets (except for a cupcake at Paul's birthday party - I think I earned that treat!). I know some people take an intuitive eating approach but intuitive eating just doesn't work for me when I'm trying to lose weight.

The low of my week was our awful weather. It's been so cold here this week. It's been well below 0 with the windchill in the morning this week. The warmest temperature of the day is still well below freezing with the windchill. It's so depressing to look outside and see 2 feet of snow. When will spring arrive??? We are possibly getting as much as a foot of snow this weekend. Wah!! I'm so sick of my winter coat and boots!

A recipe I made was Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas. This is a favorite in our house but I hadn't made it in quite awhile. It's so good! We love Indian flavors in our house.

The best money spent was paying down our mortgage. Super fun, I know, but we are super practical. I got a bonus in late February and we decided to pay down our mortgage since there aren't any investments with a yield that exceeds the rate on our mortgage.

For workouts I did daily burn workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I'm planning to do daily burn workouts on Saturday and Sunday, too. And I'll probably take Paul out for a sled ride this weekend since we are getting a bunch of snow.

My plans this weekend include staying in tonight. Tomorrow morning Paul and I might get together for a play date with a friend but it depends on whether our boys are awake at the same time. Coordinating nap schedules is tough sometimes! In the late afternoon, a babysitter is coming over so Phil and I can go to my co-worker's retirement party. I know Paul is going to cry hard when we leave so I'm not looking forward to that, but his babysitter works in an infant room and LOVES playing with Paul so I know he's in good hands. On Sunday I might get together for another play date with a friend from my mom's group but if we get as much snow as they are calling for, we will likely stay at home.

Bonus Paul Pics

Is there anything cuter than baby jeans?

He's getting more and more into using his walker!

So tired but so hungry. Someone has been waking around 5-5:30 for the last week. 

What was the high of your week? What was the best thing you spent money on? Is the weather awful where you are?

9 comments:

R's Rue said...

❤️

Marlys said...

Wouldn't 4 day weeks be great? Our employees work four 10-hour days in the summer which they love!
That's great news about paying down your mortgage! Hopefully you'll find a home soon, and can sell this one which is really nice but just too small for a family.
We are wondering what the weather is going to bring this weekend and next week, too. It doesn't sound good at all, and I am so sick of winter.
I hope Paul starts sleeping later in the mornings soon! That's just a tad too early to get up!

Amber said...

Omg the one of him drinking his bottle with his eyes closed! Adorable AND hilarious!!! Love it! I am so so so sick of winter as well. Seriously cannot wait for spring. I will have to try that instant pot recipe, looks and sounds delish!

Stephany said...

I had to laugh at your comment about the "best money you spent" because my eyes MAY have glazed over a bit when you talked about yields and investments and such. That might be a good topic for a Financial Friday post because I'm not sure I understand! :)

The high of my week was spending some time with my mom and Chip last night! I haven't spent a lot of time with my mom lately so it was much needed, and I think we may make Thursday evenings our "date" night. :) I'm on a no-spending challenge right now so I'm not really spending money on anything that's no essential, so nothing fun to talk about there. And I really shouldn't brag about the weather in Florida right now, but we're enjoying sun and temps in the 60s lately.

katielookingforward said...

I am with you on being ready for this winter to be over! My coat has two layers and I just switched to the inner layer, not because its warmer, but because its at least different. I'm really sick of my long sweaters and cannot wait for dresses and cardigans!!

Gracie said...

Paul pushing his walker looks SO much like Phil!
My high of the week was getting Mardi Gras off! We didn't do anything Mardi Gras related, but just having a mid-week day off is always wonderful.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I totally get the desire to pay down your mortgage. We always put extra money down on our mortgage each year, and put our tax returns directly on our mortgage. There are more fun things we could spend that money on, but our motto is to do something today that our future selves will thank us for.

It has started to warm up a bit (yesterday I wore a dress and heels for the first time in what feels like forever), and wasn't cold at all! I'm ready to BBQ and sit in my backyard though ... soon hopefully!

San said...

Someone else recommended this book, so it's on my TBR list.

Woohoo for seeing the scale move a bit. I know for some people it can be a slow process.

Jeanie said...

I love baby jeans. They're so cute! I think I want to frame a pair of at least one of our baby grands. Maybe with a toy or something. I just love ém.

We're back from vacation and I'm catching up. Smart move, paying on the mortgage. And a good week for you, I think! Yay! (I'm with you on the weather. Rick broke his leg on ice under fresh snow on vacation. Not happy!)