Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! We had a nice long weekend. It wasn't the best weekend for Paul as his teeth are still bothering him and he ran a fever much of the weekend. But we made the most of it!

On Friday we got lots of stuff done around the house like cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, organizing the basement, and sweeping out the garage. I also went through all my pre-pregnancy clothes to figure out what still fits and was happy to find that most of my clothes now fit. Woo hoo! I was feeling like I had very few clothing options but now I've got lots of stuff to wear and after not wearing it for 2 years, it feels like I just went shopping!

He likes to walk on the "wrong" side of the walker
We put a few baby things out on our curb that we didn't use with Paul and knew we wouldn't use in the future with a free sign. They were gone pretty quickly, so that was nice! In the afternoon Paul and I got together with my friend Courtney and her boys. We caught up on each others' lives and went for a walk to the park and stopped along the way to see the house that Courtney's BIL is renovating. It was fun to see the progress they've made but confirmed that Phil and I could never do a major renovation to a house. Just seeing all the chaos and decisions they have to make stressed me out. Ha.

On Saturday morning, Paul and I had swimming lessons and he took a pretty good nap afterwards. Swimming lessons really wear him out!


After his nap and lunch, we headed out for a family walk to the park. The weather was absolutely gorgeous!


He had a blast swinging. He just giggles and giggles! I also went down several slides with him, which he loved!



That night, after Paul went to bed, we grilled sausages and asparagus and I roasted some potatoes. It was great to eat our first meal off the grill (well, first in Minnesota - we grilled in Florida!).

On Sunday morning, Paul was up bright and early with a low grade fever. I showed him the 2 Easter books the "Easter Bunny" had brought him. I went the lazy route with Easter this year since he's not old enough to understand the holiday or appreciate an Easter basket. He liked the Easter books we got him, though.


Then he "helped" me fold his cloth diapers that we had washed the night before. Paul has definitely gotten into a mischievous stage. He also dumped out my cup of coffee that morning. :/


After sorting/folding his diapers, I reactivated my Facebook and Instagram accounts. I had given up social media for Lent. Unfortunately, when reactivating my accounts I realized that I deleted my Facebook account instead of deactivating it. Ugh. So I lost everything and have to start over from scratch! If you received a friend request from me, it's legit. :) If we were friends on Facebook before and aren't now, please send me a friend request! I tried my best to rebuild my friends but was going off of memory and friend suggestions from Facebook.

After a super short morning nap, we picked up Phil's brother and headed to his mom's. He was pretty crabby on the drive but perked up when we got to grandma's as she had some new toys for him. He loved the walker that she borrowed from a neighbor whose grandchild had outgrown it.


Oscar has been at grandma's for 2 weeks. Phil took her up there before our Florida trip and she's staying for a couple more weeks since we'll be gone next weekend. Paul had fun chasing her around. Oscar was less thrilled by the attention.

Where is that kitty?
Grandma had lots of Easter goodies for Paul, as you see in the background of this picture. He got some bath toys, clothes, a book, and some graham crackers.


Paul loves playing with toys that his daddy played with, like this old school little people bus.


Later in the day, my MIL had an Easter egg hunt for Paul (we obviously did not hide them - they were in plain sight!) and one for Phil, Andy, and me! Paul had fun shaking the eggs, which had little people super heroes in them.


We headed back earlier than expected because Paul was just miserable. He had a fever and wouldn't go down for a nap so we headed home and went for a family walk. I was hoping he would take a cat nap in the stroller but he didn't. But he was in good spirits during the walk for the most part. I did some running intervals and he was NOT happy when I ran away from them! We have quite the mama's boy on our hands! It's sweet but also tough to hear him cry when I leave his sight! Hopefully he grows out of this soon!

How was your Easter weekend? How did you celebrate? Did the Easter bunny bring you anything? Phil's mom put candy in the eggs she hid for us but I am limiting myself to just a few small peanut butter cup treats! 

8 comments:

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

We had a very house productive weekend. I taught Isla how to clean my bathtub and she was very proud of her job. And very mad at her dad when he showered after working outside and left dirt in it. She supervised while he cleaned it back up. I told her that's how I feel when I am constantly sweeping the floor behind her!!! We reorganized our laundry room and how we are storing things in there. I listed a bunch of stuff for sale on the yard sale sites and I have another trip to donate items in my near future. I have had a bad headache/neck/back ache going since about Wednesday. It comes and goes. So I've also spent a decent amount of time resting. We spent yesterday at my husband's grandmas. We did an easter egg hunt with 13 of the 25 current great grand kids. Then we sat outside and chatted while the kids played outside all afternoon. It was awesome. I got sunburned on my arms and face though. Whoops!

Stephany said...

Babies really have to go through the gauntlet, don't they, with all the growing they do? I can't imagine having teeth poking through sensitive jaws feels good at all, so poor Paul! I'm glad he had fun on Easter, even with feeling miserable. And I'm sure he LOVED chasing Oscar around again. :)

Gracie said...

Happy Easter! I am right on the same page with you as far as renovations go. Some people thrive on that stuff, but it is not at all my cup of tea! That's one reason it took us 11 years to buy a house (I'm sure you don't want to hear that! Ha!) - this area is so expensive that for a long time we could only afford a fixer-upper, and I really didn't want that. If you don't actually love the process of renovations, design, decisions, etc. - I would say avoid at all costs.

Jeanie said...

I feel for you with teething Paul. Poor little guy. It'll pass but no fun for anyone while that's going on.

Apart from that, it sounds like a good weekend with friends and family and eggs, all good! And isn't it "nice" to have a folding helper? Good luck with that one!

As for reno, they scare the heck out of me. My world is as chaotic as it needs to be as is!

katielookingforward said...

The renovation of my flooring/bathroom, made me realize that a kitchen remodel is only happening if I find myself still living here in 5 years, and plan to be here for another 5 years. Its definitely a messy thing to take on! Unless you can swing not living in the renovation, then it gets a little easier. Easter was too much family time for me. I really should have skipped some of the family time, but didn't want to be rude/feel left out. I hope Paul is feeling better, and learns that mommy's coffee is not to be touched! what a stinker.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Ahhh man, that sucks about your FB account. My phone crashed on the way home from our trip, and I lost everything too, and it's awful.

I'm with Paul - swimming totally tires me out too. Sorry to hear he was dealing with a fever.

I haven't been home for Easter in so many years, so it never really feels like Easter to me, which is sad, because I love celebrating Easter with family, but tough since my holiday time isn't flexible.

Amber said...

I love Paul's little chambray shirt that he wore for easter! But that sucks he was so miserable. Man, Easter feels like so long ago now, I am definitely behind on blog reading. Good idea to put some items on the sidewalk with a free sign!! I usually just post stuff on Facebook for free, but I should try doing that next time!

Marlys said...

Boy, does this Grandma feel chintzy when I see all the presents he got from his other Grandma! But with 8 to buy for, I have to watch what I spend. I love that he can play with Phil's old toys, too! That is so special!