Monday, November 18, 2019

Currently: November

It's moving week! Here's what is happening in my world these days!

Reading: No Bad Kids by Janet Lansbury, which is a book about toddler behavior/discipline and Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I borrowed the toddler discipline book from the library but I think it's one I need to own so I can reference it when things come up. I downloaded Big Little Lies from the library last week when I was in need a new book to read. Moriarty's books are kind of hit or miss with me but she sure knows how to write a page turner!

Loving: this Revlon one-step volumizing blow dryer. My friend Alli encouraged me to buy one but I was skeptical about my ability to use a round brush blow dryer. I envisioned my hair getting tangled. I finally bought one in October and oh my gosh I LOVE it. I no longer have to use a straightener so it's cut down on the time it takes to do my hair in the morning and my hair has way more volume! My hair dresser always uses a round brush when blow drying my hair and I was never able to figure out how to mimic her approach but this round brush blow dryer makes it so easy. Highly, highly recommend it if you have longer hair!



Feeling: excited for the holiday season. October/early November was a 'heavy' time in our house with the aftermath of the miscarriage. I still feel sad, especially when I see pregnancy announcements or encounter pregnant people. But overall, I'm doing ok and I have the excitement of the holiday season to carry me through the end of the year. I'm looking forward to decorating our house!

Anticipating: moving this weekend! Eeks, I am so excited to be in one house. We've moved some stuff over so there are times when I don't know which house an item is in (like last week when I needed to bring Paul's winter boots to daycare!). The upstairs carpet is being replaced Wednesday/Thursday (it looked a bit dingy/stained after the owners stuff was out so we figured now was the time to replace it) and then we move in on Friday. I can't wait!

Grateful: that our house sold. The process has been pretty smooth so far as the inspection contingency was lifted last week. Now we are just waiting for the appraisal results which should come back early this week. Our buyers have been very prompt about things like the inspection and appraisal which is very reassuring when you are the seller!

Working: on planning the soup menu for the family dinner we are hosting the day after Thanksgiving. I'm planning to make chicken wild rice soup in the instant pot, my mom is making a vegetable beef soup, and I think we will try this GF chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles! My mom is a baking pro so I am sure she'll have no trouble making the noodles. And the rolling pin we got for our wedding will finally be put to use!

Listening: to podcasts, as usual. I'm pretty behind as it's been too cold to go for long walks. I did go for a walk with Paul on Saturday, though. It was 35F out which felt 'nice' after the super cold weather we've had recently!



Watching: The Americans on Amazon Prime with Phil. It's a show about 2 undercover KGB spies living in Washington, DC in the 80s. When Phil isn't around (which isn't often!) I watch Modern Love on Prime and Top Chef or This is Us on Hulu. When we get through the first season of The Americans, we are planning to watch the new season of The Crown which was just released on Netflix! Can't wait!

Wishing: for little or no snow until after we've closed on the sale of our other house! Phil does all the shoveling/snow blowing and I'd hate to have him do it at 2 houses!

Bonus Paul pics!


He makes the funniest faces!

Saying "cheese"

Enjoying some leftover spaghetti that Nana sent home with us last weekend

Reading a Little Blue Truck book. He's saying "wow" in this photo which is one of his favorite words these days!

What are you currently loving, anticipating, and grateful for?

8 comments:

Marlys said...

I, too, was excited to see that "The Crown" series is starting again! Woohoo!
This will be a few whirlwind weeks for you as you move out of this house and into the new one!
I'm so excited for you, and am glad we get to see it next week.
I hope all goes well with the appraisal and that this will close uneventfully!
I made a bath of GF flour mix to make one of the pumpkin pies with for Thanksgiving, and plan to make all the dough this weekend, and bake the pies on Wednesday. I hope you are ok with just pumpkin as I'm not making chocolate this year.
Love Pablito pictures now that you're not on IG!

Jeanie said...

Loving, anticipating and grateful -- I think the Crown would go for all of those! Loving what I've seen, anticipating more and grateful for the talented people who have created this series! You have a lot on your plate over the next couple of weeks -- hang in there and breathe!

Stephany said...

I'm soooo behind on podcasts, haha. It happens when I go on vacation because I miss out on DAYS of listening. And I'm going on another vacation this month so it's not going to get any better. Oh well!

Excited that you're going to be in one house finally! The end is in sight!!

I'm currently loving the beautiful weather we're having in FL, anticipating Thanksgiving, and grateful for my kitties. :)

katielookingforward said...

I'll be thinking of you this weekend!! I have put some podcasts on the backburner and picked up some new ones, it just depends on what I am in the mood for.

Gracie said...

I love that your family does an after-thanksgiving gathering. That's a great way to take some stress out of the holiday, especially with a lower-key menu.

Amber said...

I love that revlon hair brush blow dryer as well!! Such a great tool and I'm so glad I took the plunge and purchased it.

Hope the snow holds off for a few more weeks for you guys!

San said...

Everybody has been mentioning the Revlon Hair Brush lately and it looks like something that would work really well for me. I'll put it on my Christmas list LOL

I am so happy that your house sold and that you're moving and that everything worked out. I am sure you'll have a great first holiday season in your new home!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

That's wonderful that everything is going smoothly with the selling of your house.

I've heard only great things about that brush! I think every lady I work with has one, haha!

Loving - My job lately; I've never felt happier at work in 15 years.
Anticipating - An amazing 2020! We've got a lot to look forward to in the new year.
Grateful for - How it hasn't been too cold yet. I am hoping winter goes easy on us this year.