But here are some of the memories I am holding onto...
- The delicious meal + wine we had when I arrived on Friday night. I got in late because of a flight delay, but I let the frustration of that experience go and focused on enjoying the company of Becky, Amber, and Lesli.
- On Saturday we went out to Oak Park and toured Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio. I do not like FLW as a person, but I do respect him as an architect. His home and studio are amazing - and are definitely worth checking out if you find yourself in the Chicago area. The girls all loved this as much as I did, which was a relief for me as it was something I had recommended.
- On Sunday, I feasted upon delicious paella at an awesome Spanish restaurant and then we spent a low key afternoon in a Barnes & Noble. That's my kind of day. Oh and I stayed strong and did NOT buy any books!
- Ordering Thai on Sunday night, watching the red carpet + Golden Globes and having my nails painted by Amber and Becky. I got star treatment!
- The conversations. Chicago is wonderful, but it came second to the talks us girls had about everything from blogging to friendship dynamics to dating/marriage to FLW to books we thought the others HAD to read. We also FaceTimed with Amber, which was so much fun!!
- My business meetings went really well - so well that one of the clients sent me a very kind and complimentary email. I am still new to client meetings, so I needed that positive reinforcement.
|Brunch at Yolk!|
|Waiting for the El. Or the L. We got mixed answers on the 'right' nickname for Chicago's public transportation system!|
|Becky & I|