Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trip Recap: St Louis!

Greetings! Today is my Friday since I have tomorrow off! This has been a really busy week for me! My schedule has been full of fun things like haircuts and baking nights with a friend, but I haven't been home before 8:30 this week, which leaves me feeling a bit frazzled!

I wanted to do a trip recap while it is still fresh in my memory! I had an absolutely fabulous time in St. Louis. From the fabulous weather (sunny + 45 degree = amazing) to the much needed girl time to the shopping, it was an all around wonderful weekend! Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures - I was too busy enjoying myself, I guess you could say! Here are some of the highlights, bullet-point style!
  • Seeing Nora's beloved penguin exhibit at the zoo! You can get so close to the penguins - they can actually splash you!
  • Eating the most delicious crinkle cut fries ever!
  • Walking through a super cool used book store!
  • Sitting on Nora's bed, paging through magazines while listening to the local Gen X radio station. It brought back memories of the simpler pre-driver's license days when we were housebound and had to entertain ourselves.
  • Meeting Nora parents! Her mom has been to Paris - it was fo fun to talk about my trip with her! I jokingly referred to her dad as Michael Corleone - he is TOTALLY the Italian father. There is no mistaking this man's heritage!!
  • Meeting Nora's boyfriend - who happens to be absolutely fabulous!
  • Enjoying shopping and a movie on Sunday afternoon. We saw The King's Speech, which is just as good as everyone says it is - go see it!
  • Enjoying a delicious home cooked meal! Nora is a wonderful cook! The stuffed chicken breasts were so yummy - I will definitely be attempting to make those some time!

I am sure I am leaving something out, but this captures the bulk of it!! You can read Nora's recap here!

This trip, like my trip to Tucson, was really restorative for me. It's good to be reminded of the good things in life. So when my mind drifts to not so fun thoughts, like this...

(source)

I will chase away those thoughts by focusing on memories made on this trip!

19 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip and just what you needed!! Keep surrounding yourself with positive people and positive thoughts!

Have a great long weekend!

Becky said...

What a fabulous weekend! So glad you'll have a long one leading into your birthday as well!!! Paris will be here so soon!!!!

Gracie said...

Penguins make any trip more fun. I'm glad you had such a nice trip and got to enjoy some nice weather (before all hell hit, right?) but I bet you're looking forward to relaxing this long weekend!

Marlys said...

Great recap and sounded perfect! You did lots in just a short time! This week has been a whirlwind for you - see you tomorrow night! :)!!!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

you ladies are beautiful! glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun in St. Louis. Sounds like you had a great time with a great friend! Restorative time is necessary, isn't it?

Enjoy the weekend! Wish we could be there!!!!

Amber said...

I love that picture of you two! Girls weekends are the best thing ever, I'm so glad you ladies had such a wonderful time together!!! :)

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! Girl time is a definitely needed thing!

Allie @ The Constant Pursuit said...

I love STL!! Glad you had a great time :)

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ooh, glad you ladies had a fun weekend!! ANd happy long weekend to you!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Glad you had such a great time!! For all the years I have spent in Missouri I have spent hardly any time in STL! I need to change that, asap. :)

Abby said...

Glad to hear you had a much-deserved good time! Sounds like you had the perfect mix of fun and relaxing! :)

Enjoy your birthday weekend!!!!!

Wish I could be there toe celebrate with you!

Stephany said...

Sounds like so much fun! That penguin exhibit sounds like a blast!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Man sunny and 45, sounds amazing!!!! I'm glad you had such a good trip, now you just have to come to Boston next so we can hang out! :)

Carolina John said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Glad you enjoyed it.

Jeanie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time -- and glad you went before all the blizzard and cold. 45. We'd kill for that right now. Isn't it wonderful, spending time with a dear friend? Doesn't matter how long or short the visit is (well, it does, kind of), but you are with someone you really love to be with, who knows you and can play. That rocks!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! You did a lot!!

Lisa-Marie said...

How fab! I love penguins!

I think even in very busy times, weekend breaks and trips can be very restorative!

Nora said...

Aww, love your recap and what you think of my family and boyfriend. You're such a doll. everyone is asking when they can see you again :)