Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Chelsea's 10 on Tuesday questions are ones that I came up with!! So answer all or a few in your comment!
1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation?
Both. I drive to a park & ride, and then take a bus downtown to work. I love taking public transportation since I hate driving!

2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time?
I get it cut about 3-4 x's per year and I always go to the same person. I've been going to her for about 2 years now and I just love her. It's like catching up with a good friend when I get my hair cut.

3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version?
I read the news, but not a physical newspaper. I pretty much only read the news through Bloomberg at work (it pulls in economic/headline stories from a bunch of news sources so makes it easy to keep up on what's going on).

4. What is the best book you have read this year?
Probably "The Invisible Bridge" by Julie Orringer. Great novel about WWII.

5. What is the best movie you have seen this year?
The King's Speech.

6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods?
Definitely salty. I am not really a sweets person... They are fine, but I don't really crave them. But chips or pickles? Yes please!
7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have? Hells, yes. I would probably collapse if I didn't eat breakfast. No joke. I have eggs nearly every day - over easy w/ GF toast these days. I heart eggs.

8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to? I know I just said I am not a huge sweets person, but I have a weakness for those big egg-shaped peanut butter cups. Mmm...

9. How late is “sleeping in” to you? 7:30-8. My mom's jaw probably dropped when she read that as I have never been an early riser... But now that I get up at 5:15 for work, my concept of sleeping in has changed... and I don't think I could possibly sleep past 9 unless I was on tranquilizers or something...

10. Where are you going on your next vacation? I don't have anything specifically planned... I will start to travel for work this fall, though, so am hoping to fly in early/stay longer and make a vacation out of my trips to Boston and Charlotte since I have blogging friends that live in those cities!

20 comments:

Marlys said...

Yes, #9 did surprise me! Our habits do change as we mature, I guess! #3 is definitely hardcopy! I have to peruse the whole papaer and really hope we never lose them completely! I have to think on #4 & #5! We did see The King's Speech and really liked it! Right now I'm reading the Dolorous Passion of our Lord and find it profound! #6 - salty. #7 - yes. #8 - anything chocolate and also black jelly beans! #10 - haven't made any plans but hope to get to AZ, CA or FL in the future!

Nora said...

How could I have forgotten about the King's Speech? DUH. Amazing movie. Man, where was my head. I think I'm going to go back and edit my answer :)

Loved that you wrote the questions this week.

Leigh said...

Fun that they are your questions this week! I drive to work everyday...I could take the C-Train, but it's faster for me to drive. Well some days depending on the weather!


I get my hair cut every 2-3 months...I have super thick hair and if I don't get it thinned out, it's so hard to manage. If I had loads of money, it would be more often :)

My definition of sleeping in has changed as well with a puppy who likes to be feed at 6am and then up for the day around 7:30-8am. I used to be able to sleep until 10am no problems!

Unknown said...

Black jelly beans! Yum!
I am reading Anthony Bordain's "Nasty Bits" presently.
Now that I am not on a strict work schedule, my sleep habits no longer cause me anxiety. I have always been an insomniac, so I am very often awake from 3 a.m. to 5 or 6 a.m. every night/morning. Then, I might sleep until 7:30 or so. During my working years, I would just have to get up, despite the fact that I had slept for just a few hours. All those years of sleep deprivation. Ugh.

Abby said...

I really want to see the King's Speech. I can't even think of what movie I saw that was draw-dropping-good! Plus, I haven't been to a movie in a theater in ages!!

It's nice that you are able to take the public transit in MNPLS. Public Transit is not an option in Tucson....unless you want to share a seat with a stinky homeless person. Or an illegal citizen who's trying to sell you tortillas.

I've never personally experienced our transit - but it's terrible.

Jess said...

I've never understood people who don't eat breakfast! I couldn't do it!! Even with eating breakfast, I usually need a little morning snack to get me through until lunch time!

Amber said...

Awesome questions :) I definitely drive to work every day, public transportation in my city really leaves something to be desired.

I LOVE my hairdresser in FSJ, she's even my friend on Facebook, but now that I've started going home less and less I have to try and find a hairdresser here *tear*

megabrooke said...

oh, i didn't realize you came up with the questions! great ones! :)

qwerkyqook said...

haha. you have the healthiest cravings. Pickles! Go crazy, eat an entire jar and it will only set you back 45 calories :)

Stephany said...

I know we have a Park-N-Ride in Tampa but there's nothing like that in my city. It sounds like a much more convenient (and cheaper!) way to get around.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Oh I am definitely going to do these later :)

And yay for a trip to Boston!

Autumn said...

Great questions!
I also LOVE the hollow chocolate bunny!

Emily Jane said...

Ooooh everyone has said The King's Speech is their best movie of the year! I haven't seen it yet!

Unprofessional said...

Yum Yum Yum, now I want some eggs and toast. I, too, am a salt person. Can't be controlled around sweets, but will kill for pickles.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

My jaw dropped too when I read what time you consider "sleeping in" to be!

Raquelita said...

Salty > Sweet every time. Although I do love ice cream and the occasional bit of dark chocolate. I still haven't see The King's Speech (I really want to because I love Firth and Rush, even though I know it's pretty historically inaccurate).

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, I can do this one!
1- I get the bus to work (actually I get two buses to work and three back).
2- I haven't had a professional haircut for years, I cut my own. I am trying hard not to at the moment as I want my hair to grow again.
3- I subscribe to my favourite newspaper online, and buy a 'hardcopy' on either a Saturday or Sunday. I also check BBC news throughout the day.
4- Oooh, that's tough. Either 'The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks' or 'Notes on an Exhibition'
5- My cravings vary. I really like savoury food though, and don't like supersweet stuff.
6- Moon
7- Yes. Breakfast varies. either cereal, toast, a bagel or a pastry, or porridge. At the weekend a bacon sandwich.
8- Chocolate eggs and simnel cake!
9. About 9am. I understand the 7.30 thing though Lisa, when I was getting up at 5 it seemed very late!
10. London!
10

pinkflopflops44 said...

I drive myself to work. We do not have reliable or good public transportation here. My next vacation? Hmmm.. no plans. Probably lots of day trips to beaches this summer. I am trying to plan a spring break trip to Florida next year, but that will depend on a lot of factors so not getting toooo pumped about that yet.. I do eat breakfast every day that I work. I used to never eat breakfast. I am much more an afternoon/night eater than morning. Eating too early in the morning has always made me nauseated. Except now when I am pregnant and I need to eat 2 seconds after I wake up soem days. ;)

Jeanie said...

I drive to work, loved The King's Speech, would love to read that book you mentioned (But I'm reading a Stephen Sondheim book on lyric writing and a book on Americans in Paris during WWII) and I always eat yogurt with cereal and fruit for breakfast!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I heard the Kings Speech was good. Now I will definitely have to watch it!