Here are of the things that made my weekend awesome.
1. Dinner Party Deliciousness. I needed to practice some Julia Child recipes in preparation for the big event in 2 weeks and luckily a couple I am friends with are open-minded eaters and were willing to help me eat the mushroom soup and nicoise salad that I prepared. I bought a really high quality sushi-grade tuna so just seared it off. I know rare fish is not for everyone, but I sure love it (and my guests did, too). My guests brought some GF dinner rolls which were surprisingly good (GF bread usually kind of sucks) and to cap it off, I had vanilla ice cream and a selection of macarons for dessert.
2. Spinning. I am still not back to running, but I can do low impact exercises, like biking. After biking on my own for a couple of months, I figured I was ready to check out a spin class - and I loved it! I went to classes on Saturday and Sunday and both classes kicked my butt - in a good way. I ended up buying some capri workout pants at Target, pictured below, which I love as I did not care for biking in shorts.
|I look kind of mean in this photo, but I was exhausted after an hour long spin class. I was exhausted but satisfied as it felt great to get my sweat on and be challenged.|
3. TLC. My SIL from the Chicago area is an occupational therapist. She is familiar with therapies that work well for people with RA and one of those therapies is paraffin wax treatments. So she sent me my own at home kit. My hands really bug me, especially my left hand but doing these paraffin treatments on a weekly basis seems to help! I am lucky to have such a thoughtful SIL.
4. Planner. My new 2014 Erin Condren planner has arrived and I have started to fill it in. Know what's awesome? Not having to plan out a study schedule or write down exam day on the first weekend in June. It's going to be awesome to actually enjoy the late winter/early spring season for a change. I've already scheduled some things for January-March, including a trip to Charleston, SC to cheer on some run club friends who are running the marathon, a trip to Austin to visit my best friend Heidi, and a trip to Florida to visit the 4 sets of aunts & uncles who live or winter there!
5. SBUX. I treated myself to a PSL on Sunday morning after mass as I didn't get a chance to get one on Friday. The PSL was awesome but can we all agree that it's just a little too early for holiday cups? It's not even November!
Was there anything in particular that made your weekend wonderful? One other thing that made my weekend wonderful was finding out that my best friend in Minneapolis got to bring her baby home from the NICU after he spent nearly 4 weeks there.