Happy Friday, everyone! This has been a completely whirlwind week and went by far faster than I thought it would. I thought I'd close out the week with a 5 things Friday post to share what's on my mind!
1. I shouldn't be surprised how easy it was to fill my time since I arrived home on Monday night, but I am! I had social plans every night this week and there is still a long list of people that I need to see! But the nice thing is that I don't have to cram everything into one weekend visit home - I have all the time in the world (well outside of work and other commitments) to see family and friends. It's so good to be back in a city where I have a full social calendar again as living in Charlotte was just SO lonely (hence the reason I traveled as much as I did).
2. While it's been fun to have a busy week, I am looking forward to the quiet weekend ahead at the lake. I can't wait to spend time with my family, meet my new niece (finally!), celebrate my sister and nephew Charlie's birthdays, and wake up to the view of the lake. The weather over Memorial Day weekend is usually not very nice but it will be gorgeous this weekend as the temps will be in the 70s. Life moves more slowly at the lake so a weekend there is just what I need before I start my new job next week!
3. Speaking of which, I am starting to get a little nervous about starting my new job. It's only natural that I'd feel this way, of course. I do know quite a few people at my new job so that will make the environment more friendly and welcoming but it's still a big change and even though it's a change I wanted, it's still nerve wracking... But hopefully by the end of the summer I'll feel settled in and comfortable in my new work environment.
4. I move into my condo a week from today and am SO excited. That means I had to ask for a day off during my first week of work but my boss was really understanding as he relocated to Minneapolis last year. I can't wait to get unpacked and settled in. I've been in a state of transition for several weeks and am just ready to have more of a sense of permanence. My aunt and uncle are going to help me that morning as it's kind of overwhelming when they are delivering the boxes and furniture and calling out numbers and such and then Phil will come over after work to help me unpack so I will have lots of help which is very nice.
5. Lastly, I'll close out with some really good news! The insurance company of the person who hit me called yesterday and said they have determined that their insured party was at fault! So now they will pay for the damages and I do not have to pay my deductible! Yea!!! I am so so so happy about this as I did not need an expense on top of all the other expenses I am incurring related to this move. I did get a lump sum relo package which more than covers the cost of my move so these expenses are not coming out-of-pocket for me but I am trying to spend as little of the relo package as possible so I can put the amount left towards my grad school student loans (totally obsessed with getting those paid off this year!).
What's on your mind today? Do you have any plans for the weekend?