Monday, May 26, 2014

TLC Book Tours: Return to the Beach House

While summer does not officially start until June 21st, today seems to kick off the start of summer in my mind as "lake season" starts Memorial Day weekend in my family.  So it's the perfect time to share my review of "Return to the Beach House" by Georgia Bockoven, a book I reviewed for TLC Book Tours.

Synopsis:

Over the course of one year, in a charming cottage by the sea, eight people will discover love and remembrance, reconciliation and reunion, beginnings and endings in this unforgettable sequel to Georgia Bockoven’s The Beach House and Another Summer.

Alison arrives at the beach house in June to spend a month with her restless grandson before he leaves for his first year of college. More than a decade earlier, Alison lost her beloved husband, and has faced life alone ever since. Now she discovers a new life and a possible new love.

August brings together four college friends facing a milestone. During summer’s final days, they share laughter, tears, and love—revealing long-held secrets and creating new and even more powerful bonds.

World-class wildlife photographer Matthew and award-winning war photographer Lindsey arrive at the beach house in January, each harboring the very real fear that it will mark the end of their decade-long love affair. Alone in the house’s warm peace, they are forced to truly look at who they are and what they want, discovering surprising truths that will change their lives forever.

My review:
This was a fun, summery read.  When I realized it was a sequel to "The Beach House," I read that first just in case they were tied in together.  "Return to the Beach House" touches on some of the story lines from the first book but you would not have to read the first book to enjoy the second book.  

Each chapter introduces us to another set of people who are staying at the beach house which is located in the Santa Cruz area of California.  They each come to the beach house needing some sort of healing and the beach house provides the perfect environment for this.  I was drawn into some characters stories more than other but all in all the different sets of characters were interesting and I had a hard time putting the book down.

Reading this book makes me want to rent a beach house on the coast of California.  It's a light, easy read that's a perfect one to pack in a beach bag for a trip to the beach!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I need some light and easy reads to read by my moms pool this summer! I will add this one to the list!

Abby said...

This sounds really good! I love good summer reads. (I've having a hard time getting into The Sandcastle Girls......:(. My mind has been bad at reading lately, which makes me sad.)

Bet it was a perfect read @ the lakes!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

This sounds like a perfect summer read. Thanks for the review!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

This does sound like a perfect summer read. I may need it for camping!

Stephany said...

I love "summery" reads like this book. And all the different stories all sound so interesting! I may have to check it out!

Lisa-Marie said...

In the last month, I've only read two books for fun. This month, with college finished, I'm on the hunt for some summery ones - I'll start here!

Anonymous said...

I'd so enjoy reading this during a beach weekend!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.