Oh Friday, I am so happy to see you! Here are 5 things that are on my mind/happening in my world these days!
1. So you know how I said I had some vacation days to use up? After a lot of hemming and hawing about what to do, I decided to use some airline miles and take a trip to southern Spain!!!!! Phil has way less vacation time than I do, and the week that worked best to go is a time that he can't be out of the office so I am going with a friend who also has vacation days and airline miles to use. I haven't been to Europe in 3 years as my last trip was the trip I took to Paris when I was living in Charlotte (which feels like a LIFETIME ago!). I feel a little bit guilty that I am going to Spain without Phil as he studied abroad in Seville in 2003, so he knows the area well and would have been an excellent tour guide. But he fully supports me taking this trip and said we'll do our own trip to Spain some day down the road. Before deciding on Spain, my friend Amber and I had considered a lot of different destinations, but then I found this itinerary and after reading through that, we were totally SOLD on Southern Spain! We'll spend 3 nights in Seville, 3 nights in Granada, and 1 night in Madrid. Eeeeks, I am so excited!!
2. But before I get up to my eye-balls in trip planning for Spain, my focus is on finalizing our plans for our trip to Bend next week! Phil and I fly into Portland on Wednesday morning and will spend Wed-Sat in Bend (~3 hours from Portland) and then will head back to Portland for a night before flying out on Sunday. I'm really excited to spend 5 days exploring the northwest with my favorite person. I'm really glad my hip has healed enough so I can go for hikes. I can't wait to spend lots of time outdoors. Plus Bend looks like such a charming city with lots of cute restaurants and soooo many breweries (which Phil is excited about since he loves microbrews). Hopefully the weather will be nice, but whatever happens, I know we'll have a great trip.
3. Now that it's cooler outside, I've been in knitting mode! Last week I finished a winter hat for myself and now I'm working on a scarf for Phil's mom which I'll give her as part of her Christmas gift. Tomorrow I am going to a class at a local yarn store to learn how to make 2 socks at the same time on 2 circular needles (versus making one sock at a times - it's supposedly easier/faster). Then on Monday I start a 6-week crocheting class through the local community ed program. I'm excited to learn some new skills!
4. This weekend is marathon weekend in the Twin Cities. It boggles my mind to think that I ran a PR last year at this time and this year I'm approaching my 8th month of not being able to run. Life sure can change in the course of a year. But now that I've been cleared to run, I'm feeling a lot less down about where I am fitness-wise than I would have been if I hadn't been cleared to run yesterday!!!
5. I have a fun weekend ahead of me! Tonight we are getting BBQ take-out and playing cards with another couple. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym to get my treadmill intervals in (!!!) and then to my knitting class in the morning, cleaning out my garden and doing some household chores in the afternoon (i.e. adulting), and in the evening I'm making a special pasta dinner for Phil as he's running the 10 mile race on Sunday morning. On Sunday I'll cheer on Phil and the marathoners, and then I'm going on a bike ride with the friend I'm going to Spain with and afterwards we are going to try to book some of our accommodations! Should be a fun weekend!
What do you have planned for this weekend?