Friday, December 14, 2018

5 Things Friday

Hello, Friday! This is my last full week of work for the year and it kind of felt long! :P Here are 5 things that are on my mind today.

1. This might be my favorite photo I took this week! Phil hates getting his picture taken but was a good sport when I snapped this photo on Tuesday.


2. We had what I thought would be our last doctor appointment on Wednesday. We saw Paul's urologist for a kidney ultrasound and follow-up. One of his kidneys was measuring large when I was pregnant with him and they've been monitoring it every 3 months since he was born. I was hoping the kidney would stabilize and we'd be done with these appointments but his kidney was measuring a little bit larger at this ultrasound. The doctor decided to order a dye test which will determine if urine is backing up into the kidney and causing the enlargement. So much for being done with doctor appointments for the year! I'm glad we can fit it in before year-end, though, as we met our out of pocket maximum (in March!!) so we won't have to pay anything for this (costly) procedure. It's going to be interesting to see how they put a catheter in a wiggly infant!


Playing the ever-popular "take off my socks" game while waiting to see the urologist
3. We have virtually no plans this weekend, besides getting together with a run club friend whose baby is 3 days older than Paul. That will be a low key get together as I'll head over there around lunch time. We haven't seen them since September and our boys have changed so much since then! Plan-free weekends are my jam these days, especially since Paul is not on a consistent schedule. His nap lengths vary so much which makes it really hard to make plans!

4. Paul learned to clap last week! It's the cutest thing. He will clap on command. It's fun to watch him learn new things and figure out how to follow directions from us!


5. I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with my family at the lake but one thing I'm especially looking forward to is making these gluten free cinnamon rolls with my mom! The recipe intimidates me too much to tackle it on my own but my mom is a baking pro so I am sure they will turn out great. Cinnamon rolls are one of the foods I really miss since going gluten free. Hopefully these turn out well!

What's on your mind today?

10 comments:

Gracie said...

Cinnamon rolls are my favorite, and I think very Christmas-y, so I hope you find a good recipe to make them gluten free!

Marlys said...

I'm sure those rolls will turn out great! I, too, am looking forward to eating them!
We are so excited to have you home for Christmas this year, especially with little Paul to play with and pile him with lots of affection! I'm sure he will be the star of the family activities!
It's so cute when he claps his hands, and now playing peek-a-boo, too!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I love cinnamon rolls! That picture of the guys reading is so sweet. :)

katielookingforward said...

Making extra frosting can save almost any cinnamon roll ;) enjoy your weekend! it sounds lovely!

Carolina John said...

That bottom picture is totally gangsta. Paul is clapping for someone to bring his AK! He's about to lay down some regulations.

Have a great holiday and enjoy the time with your family! Christmas with a baby is a totally different experience. Just seeing santa claus from the other side of the equation really changes your perspective from when you were a kid.

Jeanie said...

Good luck with the doc -- hope it's nothing serious and you can end that doc chapter for a long while! Love the clapping!

Amber said...

Oh those rolls look delicious! I really hope they turn out so you guys can enjoy them on Christmas!! That is something I would really miss as well. I love cinnamon rolls. I might make some for Christmas morning actually. That is so cute that Paul claps on command now!! Olivia still kind of claps randomly, but my mom did teach her to play patty-cake (kind of) so that is super adorable!

Charbelle said...

I made cinnamon rolls for the neighbors the Sunday it snowed. They intimidate me too! They are also time intensive because you make the dough in the morning, it rises a few hours and then you go back and make the rolls. I was calling my mom because the dough wasn't coming together, some of the dough didn't rise, so many things and yet they turned out fine. Hopefully the neighbors enjoyed them! I'm so sorry Paul has to go through another procedure but hopefully they are able to get everything figured out quickly! He is so adorable!!! Love the pictures! Michael HATES having his picture taken and I'm always pulling out my phone to take pictures! Carolina John's comment, hahahahaha

San said...

OMG, that photo of Paul and Phil reading together is my favorite. So precious!

I do hope you get good news in regards to Paul's kidneys.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I love cinnamon rolls too! That's great that you found a gluten-free recipe to make with your mom.

Paul is so sweet. I hope he handled the catheter well!

Today I am thinking about how nice it is to be on holidays.