Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Pretend it’s Monday morning–take us through a day in the life of you.
6 am - wake up, get ready for work
6:45 - eat breakfast, check blogs
7:15 - leave for work
7:45 am - arrive at work. Work, work, work, check blogs, eat lunch, work, work, work
5 pm - go home
6:30 pm - eat dinner
7 pm - check blogs, write blog posts, crochet, knit, and/or read
9:30 pm - go to bed, read for 30-60 min, lights out

* Monday is a rest day so that's the day I don't run. Every other week day is vastly the same, except Tues-Thur I get up at 5 to run...

2. What’s your favorite reality tv show?
It's a toss up between Project Runway and Top Chef

3. What motto do you live by?
I don't really have a motto that I live by... The closest thing I can come up with is this bible verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I read it when I am feeling down....

4. If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt?
I would write a book.

5. What was your first job?
I taught piano for 3 years in high school.

My first 'real world' post-college job was working as a business manager for a super small company in St. Paul. I lasted about 4 weeks - people came to work in their pajamas and they were doing questionable things with their payroll account. I did not have a good feeling about the job when I took it, so this experience taught me to listen to my gut...

6. What is your current job?
I underwriter mortgages for a large financial institution.

7. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name (and you cannot pick the one you already have)?
Lydia

8. What musical instruments can you play?
Piano and Trumpet.

9. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
Definitely to forgive. Forgetting is definitely way, way, way harder, but it's so important if you are actually going to heal and move on from something that has happened.

10. What is one food you’d never want to taste again?
I'm going to have to say bone marrow. I am proud of myself for trying this when I was in France in '08, but it's not an experience that I need to re-create...

21 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Haha, I was looking at your schedule I'm like what about running!? Question answered.

Um ew, I am amazed you tried bone marrow and wouldn't blame you at ALL for not tasting it again!

abbi said...

I don't think I could've tried the bone marrow. I've become better at trying new things over time but not sure I could do that one!

Becky said...

Ooh Lydia - what a cool pick!

Charbelle said...

hahaha I am so impressed you tried bone marrow!! This one was fun!!

Marlys said...

I love the bible verse you quoted - it's one that Grandma recommended to you, isn't it? She is a wise peson.
Bone marrow! I would never try it either, but am amazed you did!
I hope you realize your dream of writing a book some day!

Nora said...

I lol'ed at the last question; after seeing the photo of it and then the wacky cow photo from that bathroom I don't blame you :)

Leigh said...

You are definitely dedicated to marathon training to get up at 5am to run!! I don't know if I could function at work after that then.

You are brave for trying bone marrow! Just the thought of it makes me want to gag, hah

Amber said...

My schedule is very, very similar to yours! Except I have been checking blogs at work wayyy more then I should lately!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ew, bone marrow. I haven't had anything really crazy, but I don't like water chessnuts.

Unknown said...

Top Chef and Project Runway are my favorites, too!

Little Fish said...

OK I am about to become someone I hate...

I hate when there is a food that I don't like and someone says, "You must have just had some bad XYZ," or "It must've been a bad place" followed by, "You really should try it again," and now here I am doind the exact same thing.

I think you need to try bone marrow again because it is heaven! Really good bone marrow should taste like the butteriest buttery thing you've ever had in your life!

Abby said...

I never know about your 1st job! Well, maybe I did at the time - but I was in like 7th grade, so it didn't really make sense to me.

Holy crap! That's crazy!!! PJ's to work? Ahh! You poor thing!

Also, I think you need to pursue that "some-day" dream of writing a book. :) In fact, I hope to see you some-day do that!


I would try bone marrow....if I drank several glasses of wine prior to. Maybe even a bottle. Then it may not seem so bad!

Stephany said...

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my all-time favorite verses. It's so hopeful! :)

And bone marrow?! Blech!

Erin said...

This was a great 10 :) I'm finally catching up on blogs and I loved reading all your latest adventures :)

Anonymous said...

Bone marrow? Hunh. I don't blame you there. You're far braver than I!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I agree with you on the bone marrow! I tried it in NY, and a few bites was enough for me!

I love the Ten on Tuesday - I am going to do this for my post too!!

Unknown said...

Those were good questions. I don't think I would do bone marrow again either. Haha!

Mandy said...

I really like that bible verse, a lot. And I'm not sure I could handle bone marrow, super impressed that you tried it.

Emily Jane said...

BONE MARROW? Yikes!!

Lydia said...

Lydia hmmm...I always wanted to be Kimberly like the girl on Different Strokes. I even forced my family to call me that...anything but Lydia.

Shoshanah said...

I had no idea you were a mortgage underwriter, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering your background. I guess the main reason that's exciting to me is because I do something similar.

And on opposite side I actually liked bone marrow when O tried it