Friday, January 28, 2011

Taking to the Skies - Again!

Good morning & Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. Mine has been pretty busy/hectic, but it's been a great week. It was my 2nd week at my job and I am loving it! I've already gotten to do a little bit of writing! The nerd in me loves all the research I am doing and the social part of me loves all the client meetings & interactions with our sales partners.

What's made this week even better is that I've had another weekend getaway to look forward to! Early tomorrow morning I fly out to St. Louis to visit this lovely lady!!!


That's a picture of Nora and I this summer at the Brandi Carlile concert. I got to play tour guide when she came to visit so now it's her turn to show me the sights of her city! I have never been to St. Louis so am really excited to check out another US city! She's got a great itinerary planned for us which includes things like: the penguin exhibit at the zoo, hot cocoa, book stores, Mexican food, a home cooked meal, and SATC + wine + perusal of Vogues. And the temps are going to be in the 40's which will feel FANTASTIC!

I'll likely be back next week with yet another travel re-cap! Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

21 comments:

Jess said...

Have a great weekend!!! I've never been to St. Louis either, but it's a place I've always been interested in, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

Becky said...

Oh I'm so jealous! You two are going to have so much fun!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay, you guys are going to have a blast. I have never been to St. Louis but I love checking out new cities and 40s sounds amazing to me!

Mandy said...

Ah! This picture makes me miss the two of you (and Kyla) so damn much. Have a fabulous time and give Nora (and her mom) a hug from me! This weekend jaunt to STL is going to be a great trip for you filled with fun adventures. Safe travels. Love you!

Marlys said...

You lucky duck! I flew over St Louis once and saw the arch, but hear it's a great place to visit! Have fun! It will be a good weekend to get away as we go back to the deep freeze again!

Nora said...

I'm so excited that you are coming!!! It's definitely been what has kept me going this week :)

My city is prepared to welcome you with open arms, 40 degree weather and sun! See you SOON!!!!

Gracie said...

Oh have fun, a girl trip is so awesome!

Abby said...

I had no idea you were traveling again! You are one lucky lady! Have fun, Lisa! That's going to be so so fun!!

I love St. Louis. In fact, I fell so in love with the city/downtown -- that I was seriously considering going to college there! But, I soon learned it would be easier (less expensive) to start out in-state!


Enjoy your weekend -- looking forwrad to your recap!

Leigh said...

I hope you have a great weekend Lisa!

Kristin said...

I went to St. Louis for a conference a few years ago...the Arch is quite fun to visit, and the museum (I'm a bit of a Lewis and Clark nerd). Also, Washington Park is a great place to run! And then there's BBQ.... Have fun! (Visiting a friend is the best part!)

Amber said...

You're going to have such a wonderful time with Nora! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Stephany said...

Oh, have fun! I'm a little green with envy over here but I know you two are going to have a BLAST! :)

(Also? We're in the 60s over here... Just sayin'!)

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

have fun! sounds like a great weekend.

crystal said...

Sounds awesome! Have a great time :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

SO jealous, have so much fun!

Unknown said...

Have fun! I will look forward to seeing the pictures!!

Unknown said...

Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ooh, fun! Hope you ladies have a blast. It's so nice when friends have an itinerary bc they are sooo excited to see you.

Sarah said...

I'm sure you're gonna have a great weekend - it sounds like so much fun and totally perfect for you (bookstores? Hello! lol).

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I hope you have a great visit!!!

Anais said...

You had me at SATC... and "in the 40s" LOL ;)

Hope you had a great trip :)