When I was a child...
- My mom would slice up lots of cucumbers and tomatoes from our garden to serve at dinner and us kids would practically fight over who got the last tomato slice! I miss the days of having fresh produce in my back yard.
- I would anxiously await the weekend when our family would pack up the car and go to the lake. We didn't have a cabin back then - instead we had a really small camper. I don't know how all 7 of us fit in there, but we did. It seemed like it would take FOREVER for my dad to get home from work on Friday night. I think we must have drove our mom crazy on those afternoons!
- Most of my day was spent outside. We'd run through the sprinkler or slide down the Crododile Mile (anyone remember that?). It was very very rare to watch movies or tv or play video games.
- I thought I was going to be a world class gymnast some day. My older sister and I would spend hours practicing our round-offs and cartwheels. I got to re-visit this passion when I showed my nephews how to do a cartwheel last year - which resulted in me spraining my ankel. My body isn't quite as nimble as it used to be!
- I would ride my banana seat bike down to my best friend's house. We'd listen to New Kids on the Block and play barbies.
- I would devour books. I read anything from Anne of Green Gables to Little House on the Prairie to Babysitters Club Books. I especially loved the BSB Summer Specials because they were nice and thick!
Your turn, when I was a child I...