Friday, November 16, 2012

10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 7

Today I am thankful for the travel opportunities I have had this year.

I traveled less (for pleasure) this year than I did last year, but I traveled WAY MORE for business, so I guess it all sort of balances out...  sort of.  Luckily I have been able to turn some of the business trips into fun trips (like my trip to Texas last week and my upcoming trip to California).  BUT - I am especially thankful that I was able to take one trip that was all about having fun and seeing friends - and that was my trip to the Pacific Northwest.

I just heart that part of the country so much.  If I wasn't so close to my family and so in love with the midwest, the Pacific NW is another part of the country I would consider moving to.  For now, I am fortunate to have some fabulous friends that live in that area! I have visited that area of the country the last 3 years and have plans to return next summer, which I am so excited about!

To close, here are some pictures from my trip.  Seeing the sunshine and bright skies makes my heart ache a bit for summer and that trip.  It was really such a wonderful week, between the beautiful sites, the time spent with friends, and Amber's fabulous wedding. 

Oh how I love the Public Market area of Seattle.  It's stunning with the mountains and the ocean in the background!

I am so glad I had the chance to bike the seawall in Vancouver.  It was so fun and is something I highly recommend you do if you ever visit that fabulous city!

I also saw the Seawall on foot as Amber, Anais, and I did a training run together.  If only I could run with these two on a regular basis!!!

And of course, the highlight of the trip was Amber's wedding.  I love these 3 girls and just wish we all lived closer as we all get along so well and have so much fun together (and bonus - I adore their significant others).

Enjoy the weekend everyone!  I have lots of fun plans, including brunch with friends, dinner & a movie tomorrow night, and a bookstore + ice cream date with 2 of my nephews! 

16 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay, I love travel and that was definitely an amazing trip up to Amber's wedding. I had the best time. I definitely wish we lived closer!

I can't wait to see what travel plans await you next year :)

Becky said...

Wahoo travel! I can't wait for our Seattle/Vancouver trip in the spring because I've never been to the Pacific Northwest!

Stephany said...

I did a lot more traveling this year that I have in previous years and I am SO thankful for those opportunities because it just hasn't been in the budget to do much traveling before now. I learned I'm much more interested in travel than I thought I was!

I need to get myself over to the Pacific Northwest soon. It all sounds so beautiful!

Marlys said...

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, but it sounds beautiful! Sounds like you have a busy, fun-filled weekend ahead! Enjoy! The boys will love the outing with you!

Leigh said...

It looks like that trip was so much fun! I am sad that I wasn't able to come and spend time with you girls. Hope you have a great weekend :)

Nora said...

This is definitely a place I hope to go soon! With Kelly being in Seattle I'm working on getting out there in 2013 and I can't wait. Plus I hope to get to see Amber, too :)

Raquelita said...

I'm very thankful that I have been able to do a lot of traveling this past year, too. For work, I went to Boston, Madrid, New York, and Cincinnati in the past year. Just for fun or to see family, I went to Madison, Mount Rushmore, Shreveport, and Toronto. Then there was the crazy but beautiful trip here.

Alli said...

Dying laughing that we were thankful for the same thing today! I want to visit the Pacific Northwest so badly, I can't believe I've never been.

Anonymous said...

I got to travel to New York City over the summer thanks to my grandparents. They wanted to take me there as a graduation present, and it was so beautiful. We were only in the city two days - just enough to tease me with it - so I am itching to go back!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ah, I love that you travel so much that I get to see you twice next year! Travel is such a great opportunity to see the world, as long as you don't get burned out from being away from home.

Amber said...

Wahh these pictures made me feel sad. Wish we could teleport backwards to July again! Such a great week. I feel super fortunate to live so close to Vancouver and Seattle - LOVE those cities!

San said...

I rarely travel for work, although I do like to get away and out of the office sometime.... It's so great that you have the opportunity to meet so many people/friends due to your work travel schedule. It combines business with pleasure :)

Can't wait to see you!

Jeanie said...

You HAVE had amazing travel this year! I love to travel, don't you? And you've been able to spend time with friends as you have! Perfect~

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I don't think there is anything I love to do more than travel!!

h said...

Seattle is a really great city. It's good you got to travel out there. I <3 the Pacific northwest.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Bookstore!? Did you cave? Just kidding; I know you didn't. I hope you had a great weekend. It is great that you get to turn some of the work trips into fun trips, but it's really best to be able to have a whole trip just for fun and friends!