Thursday, December 18, 2014

More Love Letters: 12 Days of Letter Writing


The holiday season holds a lot of traditions for me, some of which I will be sharing next week, and one of those traditions in my participation in the More Love Letters 12 Days of Love Letters. I was introduced to this organization by my good friend Becky and this is my 4th year of participating in their holiday letter writing campaign. 

So what is this letter writing campaign all about?  More Love Letters is a global organization using the power behind social media to write and mail love letters to strangers in need all over the world. The mission is simple: Love big. Love fast. Love hard. Get involved today. 

The 12 Days of Love Letter Writing is MLL's biggest + brightest campaign. In a nutshell: 12 days of letter requests. Lots of hot cocoa. A lot of good done. And bundles of hundreds of love letters dropped at strangers' doorstep. 

Nothing brightens my day like receiving a hand written note in the mail, so would you join me in writing a note for Shan?  Read her story below and you'll see that she could most definitely use some support and encouragement.

Shan's Letter Request:

Shan is a super mom of four, and a second mom to her daughter’s best friend! She greets everyone with a warm smile and a hug, and she bursts with a positive energy that most people can only strive for. This year, Shan was diagnosed with colon cancer, and subsequently underwent chemotherapy - which is a tiring, painful, and defeating process that most of us will never know what it means to endure. Despite this unimaginable challenge, Shan remained in high spirits for herself and her family. Unfortunately, when Shan’s chemo was done, the doctors found another growth in her neck. She is now set to undergo more chemotherapy in hopes to beat this cancer that was immune to her earlier treatment. 

Let us send Shan a world of support that she so deserves, and remind her that she will never be alone in her battle! 

Shan’s Bundle
% Olivia L. 
17 Ballwood Road
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
 
Time is running out as letters must be mailed by tomorrow, December 19th!  

5 comments:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

That is such a nice thing to do, as we all love getting real letters in the mail, especially during the holidays! When we were kids we used to write letters to the guys in Afghanistan and it was so rewarding to know that you were doing something special for someone.

Nora said...

I will be putting pen to paper tonight for Shan!

Becky said...

So glad you're joining us again this year! Thanks for your letter to Shan - I know it will make such a difference!

Amber said...

I love this project! I'm getting ready to drop a note in the mail for Miri today so I will drop one in the mail for Shan too :)

Jeanie said...

I remember your doing this in the past. It's a wonderful thing to do. I wish I'd rad this earlier but I'm still catching up!