- Going out to dinner on Friday night with Phil, another couple and their baby. We went to a really cute restaurant in Northeast Minneapolis that was so good and has the best french fries.
- My run on Saturday went really well! I ran 16 miles at a 9:07 pace. That's faster than I expected/planned to run it but I just felt so good. It helped that the weather was absolutely perfect; I hope the weather is like that on race day!
- After my run, I decided to run errands on my bike since it was so beautiful out. I dropped off some basil with a friend, pick up my bike tour packet, went to a running store to get some stuff for the marathon, and stopped by Whole Foods for a couple of things. Mornings like that make me very thankful that I live where I do as all of those stops were within 1.5 miles of my condo!
- After all that running and biking, I was starving so I made a delicious at home brunch. It's was a lot of food but truth be told, I was kind of still hungry when I finished... post-run hunger is no joke!
|3 scrambled eggs + 2 pieces of GF toast + 1 avocado was consumed by one hungry runner!|
- I spent lots of time in the kitchen prepping for the two recipes that I made at Phil's mom's house on Saturday night. She said she can not remember the last time that someone made her dinner so it felt very good to do that for her. All in all the recipes turned out great except one recipe was a little bit too spicy as I used hot Italian sausage in it. Oops. I'll have to cook again for her soon so she can see that not everything I make is super duper spicy. The spice level was just fine for Phil and I but a bit too much for his mom who has a Scandinavian taste palette. ;)
- We played 3 games of Yahtzee at Phil's mom's and I got a Yahtzee during one of the games! Woo hoo!
- On Sunday morning I did the Minneapolis Bike Tour. They have 3 different route options and I did the longest one, which was 32 miles. It was a beautiful morning and there were so many people out biking. It's such a cool event and does a great job of showcasing the beauty of Minneapolis! I did it on my own as Phil doesn't have a bike and my usual biking buddy is 8 months pregnant, but I still had a great time. I really try to not let having to do things by myself hold me back!
|A small fraction of the many, many bikers lined up at the start!|
|Nerdy helmet selfie.|
- After the bike ride, I went directly to church. I was obviously extremely under-dressed, but God doesn't care, right? :) Speaking of church, isn't my church beautiful? It's a historical landmark as it's one of the oldest Catholic churches in the Twin Cities - and it has a French theme to it as the patron saint is Our Lady of Lourdes.
What were some of the highlights of your weekend?