Hi friends! Happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! The weather has turned spring-like here so I am excited for the week to come! It's been awhile since I did a virtual coffee date so thought I'd start off the week with a virtual coffee catch up session.
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you that physical therapy is going well but it still feels like I am a ways away from being able to run again. They been working on massaging out the muscles in my hip/glute area that are crazy tight. Let me tell you, it's a painful and unpleasant process, but no pain no gain, right? I'm still able to do yoga and use the elliptical and bike but dang I miss running! And it kills me to not be out there when the weather is so beautiful and ideal for running!
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you that I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by my schedule over the next couple of weeks. Between the adult ESL training sessions for the non-profit I'll be volunteering with going forward and some other social plans, I have very few free week nights! I'm reminding myself that it's temporary and that life will slow down in the second half of March.
- If we were having coffee today I'd probably show you a picture of my bulb garden. I am just amazed at how fast it has grown. This was seriously such a cool gift! It brings me such joy to watch it grow and grow each day.
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you that I decided to take three days off this week to get some things done around the house/fit in some doctor appointments. I feel a little bit guilty taking 3 days off when I'm not going anywhere, but I get 6 weeks of vacation and there's just no way I can travel for all 6 of those weeks (especially since Phil gets waaaay less vacation that I do)! Having some days off will help me feel less overwhelmed by my busy weeknight scheduled and it will allow me to prepare for Nora's visit (she arrives on Friday morning!!!). Also, my 2 colleagues are going on 1 and 2 weeks vacations at the end of March/early April so I will be on my own in the office for quite a bit so I wanted a little break before things get really crazy for me at work!
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you what I plan to do while Nora is here this weekend! She hasn't met Phil before so I'm excited for them to get to know each other! Nora has been here before so I wanted to come up with some different things to do so she'd see different areas of the Twin Cities. I've got a loose agenda planned but some of the things we'll do include visiting the Minneapolis Institute of Art (which I've never been to!!), checking out the winter flower show and the zoo at the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory (I've been to the zoo but not the conservatory) which is FREE, going to a yoga sculpt class, taking in some live theater, and going for lots of walks in my favorite areas of Minneapolis! I also want to make sure we have plenty of downtime for girl talk and relaxation!
- If we were having coffee today we'd probably talk about some more serious subjects, like the metamorphosis of friendships, thoughts I've been having lately now that I'm approaching the two year mark of being back in Minneapolis, upcoming changes that I'm anticipating on the horizon, and how I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm probably always going to be a more anxious person and what I'm doing to manage that anxiety.
If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me?