Friday, January 18, 2019

TGIF!

Hooray, it's Friday! I made it through my first 5-day work week since the week of December 10th! And we have a 3-day weekend ahead of me since Phil and I get MLK day off. I loooove 3-day weekends and wish they were a standard thing!

The high of my week was hanging out with Paul in the evenings. We only get an hour with him before goes to bed but that is my favorite hour of the day. Granted he spends a good chunk of it in his high chair eating dinner but it's still an enjoyable hour. I especially love all the open-mouthed slobbery kisses he gives me before he goes to bed. He gets the biggest smile and looks so proud of himself after he gives me a kiss! And then he wants to give me another one and another one...

He doesn't look excited about these carrots but he did enjoy them. He looks super tired in this photo thanks to terrible naps at daycare. He napped less than an hour total a couple of times this week. Yikes!

Playing with his train after dinner one night. He's wearing a 3-6 month outfit in this photo - at 10.5 months. Ha! I think it's the last time he'll wear it, though!
The low of my week was coming down with a cold which I probably caught from Paul (those slobbery kisses probably aren't helping!). One of us is always under the weather thanks to daycare germs!

A recipe I made was Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage. Lindsay of Pinch of Yum is a new mom and has started to share 15 minute meals each week. I'm all about quick meals. I cut up everything for this meal ahead of time so I just had to throw it into the instant pot and set the timer. Super simple!  We added brown rice after it was done cooking.

The best money I spent was on some basmati rice from Amazon? How boring is that! We go through a lot of basmati rice as we eat a lot of curries and stir fries so I bought a huge 10 pound bag as it was cheaper than buying the overpriced ones at our grocery store. If I was looking further back than this past week (the week starts on Monday in my mind!) I would say the best money we've spent is on the plane tickets and deposit for our VRBO rental. We were able to use miles for 3 of the 4 plane tickets plus a $100 Delta gift card from our wedding so the total cost of our plane tickets was pretty low! We are buying the plane tickets, my parents are taking care of the rental car, and we will split the cost of the VRBO so it will be a pretty inexpensive vacation - and likely our only vacation of 2019!

For workouts I did a fitness blender workout on Monday and a Daily Burn workout on Wednesday. I started a 30 day trial of Daily Burn and the first workout I did was AWESOME! I'm pretty sure I will be getting a membership when my trial is up. I was really hoping to do a couple of workouts this weekend but this cold has hit me hard so I think I will be taking it easy so I can hopefully recover more quickly. But hopefully I feel better by Monday so I can get back on track with my workouts.

My plans this weekend include not much! Unplanned weekends are truly my jam after having Paul. Not having to leave the house at a certain time on the weekend is the best, especially since Paul isn't really on a set schedule. We are going out to my MIL's house for lunch on Saturday or Sunday but haven't firmed up plans. Besides that I plan on cleaning and doing some more organization and de-cluttering around the house. It seems like that is an ongoing job around our house, especially now that we have a child. It's going to be really cold here (highs around 8-10F) so I don't think we'll get out for walks but if we feel the need to get out of the house I might take Paul up to the library as they have a kids section with lots of toys that I think he's old enough to enjoy.

What was the high of your week? What are your plans for this weekend?

6 comments:

Amber said...

That sounds like a great weekend! Awesome that you have a 3 day one ahead of you. No long weekends for me in January but I just scheduled all my flex days yesterday so will get a 3 day weekend on almost all of Eric's weeks off in 2019 and on top of that there will be a long weekend a month for the rest of the year with the exception of June - but I'm taking two flex days in June! So hopefully having those to look forward to will help get through long work weeks. This is only my second 5 day work week in over a year and I am tireeeeed!

Tomorrow I am teaching spin and then going to yoga in the morning. Then I will hang out with Olivia all afternoon while Eric has some time in the garage to work on his projects. We'll go for dinner tomorrow night, my aunt is babysitting. Sunday we are going to take Olivia swimming in between her 2 naps, but other than that no plans, which I'm looking forward to!

Stephany said...

Hooray for unplanned weekends but NOT hooray for highs in the single digits. Eeps! I probably shouldn't tell you the high for tomorrow is 76 then, huh? ;) January is such a gorgeous time of year in Florida!

The high of my week was probably my dentist appointment today, haha. I'm just glad to get my regular cleaning over and done with. I never look forward to those appointments! This weekend will be low-key for me, and I'm looking forward to finally deep cleaning my apartment, going on a long walk, and watching the NFL championship games with the fam on Sunday.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

The high of my week was going to see Bohemian Rhapsody in the theatre; it was fantastic! I have no plans for the weekend, so I am just making a pie, reading, and hanging around the house. It is absolutely FREEZING outside, so I'm glad to not have to go anywhere.

Jeanie said...

Catching up and I hope your weekend was terrific! Paul is looking so darned cute!

Gracie said...

I buy 25-lb bags of Jasmine rice from either Amazon or Walmart - we eat lots of rice. I just go with whoever has big (and cheap) bags in stock, but this latest bag is so good, I wish I hadn't thrown the bag out. I'd buy it again.
Weirdly, we had your cold snap, too, but - it will be 70 again tomorrow. 36 today, 70 tomorrow...

San said...

I am going to check out Lindsay's blog... I am all about quick meals (and the recipe looks delicious!)