Friday, June 21, 2019

TGIF!

Ufda, this week kind of wore me out so I am VERY happy that it is Friday!

The book I'm reading is Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This is the book equivalent of the movie, "Sliding Doors." Have you seen that movie? It's an oldie but a goodie! This book looks at what would happen if the protagonist made a different decision about who to go home with at the end of a night out - her friend or someone she dated when she was younger. It's been a page turner!

The high of my week so far was nothing really? Is it bad to say there hasn't been a real high of our week? As you'll see in the comment below, we've been dealing with a sick baby so our week hasn't been very fun.

The low of my week was dealing with a sick baby. I noticed drainage coming out of his right ear on Sunday so we started giving him ear drops (we treat ear infections with ear drops instead of oral antibiotics now that he has tubes). Usually the infection clears up quickly but that was not the case this time. Daycare called and said he needed to be picked up around lunchtime on Wednesday as he was not happy and only wanted to be held by his teachers. :( He fell asleep during the 10 minute drive home and then pretty much only wanted to be held. Sick babies are the worst!



A recipe I made was shrimp & pineapple skewers! This is one of my favorite summer recipes. It comes together so quickly as there are very few ingredients in the marinade and I always have them on hand (it calls for fresh ginger but I will use dried ginger if I don't have ginger root; I also have skipped the lime juice if I don't have any and they still taste great!). 



The best money spent was on a new purse. I've been wanting to get a new purse for awhile and then it became very necessary to buy one... A couple of weeks ago I caught Paul's stomach flu bug. I wasn't feeling great in the morning but figured it would pass so I went to work. It had been 4 days since Paul had the flu so it seemed unlikely that I had his flu bug. Once I got to work I figured out that I was definitely sick so I took a Lyft home - and ended up having to throw up into my purse. I felt absolutely terrible, apologized profusely, and gave the driver a huge tip. He was incredibly nice about it. I obviously had to throw that purse out! I took my time deciding on a replacement and am so excited for it to arrive! I love the berry color as it's so pretty and feminine!

My plans this weekend include staying in on Friday night. We got invited to a party that evening but opted not to go because we are both so tired on Friday nights and didn't want to hire a babysitter. On Saturday I am going to try to swing by a friend's daughter's grad party. It depends on when/how long Paul naps, though. On Sunday, I'm meeting a friend for a walk/play date in the morning and then we have a mid-day bbq with Phil's high school friends. So overall our weekend isn't too busy which is nice! 

Bonus Paul Pics

We read a lot of books when I was home with Paul on Wednesday afternoon

Photo from a walk along the creek in our neighborhood. I love this hand-me-down outfit from my cousin. 
What was the high of your week? What are you reading these days?

8 comments:

Charbelle said...

I'm so sorry he's been feeling so yucky!!! Ear infections are AWFUL!!!! I LOVE your new purse! That color is really pretty!!! Sounds like y'all have a great weekend ahead!!! I hope Paul is feeling more himself!!!

Marlys said...

I, too, love your new purse! That's sort of a funny story about your old one, but wasn't at the time, I'm sure!
I hope Paul's ears are cleared up by now and he has a restful weekend!
It's been rainy & chilly here lately, and doesn't look like a great weekend either!
I'm so tired of feeling chilly!
Your shrimp & pineapple skewers look great!

katielookingforward said...

Oh you poor thing, but hooray for a new purse! I'm a bag lady, so I love a good bag. I switch out work purses every few months, but I keep them for years and years. I don't buy new ones as often as I used to. I have "maybe in another life" and the ending is the absolute best! I might have to re-read it again soon!

Jeanie said...

Don't you love it when you can honestly have stay-in as an option and just chill? Well, the purse is good!

Wishing Paul full and quick recovery on the ear infection. Hopefully by now it's a thing of the past!

Stephany said...

Oh, man, that story about throwing up in a Lyft is awful! I honestly cannot remember the last time I threw up (pretty sure I was in college). I'm glad you're getting a brand new purse out of it!

I'm glad you're enjoying the TJR book. I love her contemporary romances a lot. When I was at an author event with her in April, she said she wrote her first few books as a way to work through some of the fears she had as a newly married woman (like her husband cheating or dying, etc), which I find to be so brave!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Love the new purse! My best money spent was on a pair of sandals that were in my last stitch fix box! I have what I call princess feet and literally went to 5 stores in early May trying to find some sandals that I needed to match a dress/have for summer. I ended up with a pair that really only matched the dress but were cheap, but this pair from my fix were soooooo comfy and I wore them all afternoon/night last night when I did a ton of standing and they are very comfortable. I am now contemplating them in a different color because I found them on sale at Nordstrom. I'm currently reading "To Fudge or Not to Fudge" by Nancy Coco, it's the second book in a cozy mystery series set on Mackinac Island. I had to abandon a book I started last weekend because I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time but I picked up 3 books in this series at the library and already finished one of them. I had read the 5th in the series last winter.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you and Paul were sick :-( Throwing up in the purse sounds awful, but at least the driver was nice, and you got a new purse.

I can't think of a high for the week, but today we went to our friends' daughter's 4th birthday and got to visit with a bunch of pals, so that was great!

Amber said...

I'm glad your new purse finally arrived and you love it! I really need to be better about reading and commenting on blogs as I'm obviously so late commenting on this. I'd actually forgotten all about the throwing up in your old purse thing. Man, what a terrible experience!!