Friday, October 10, 2008

We all need something to smile about...

It's been a tumultuous week, ladies and gentlemen. I've made a conscious decision not to look at my 401k. I mean, I have at least 30 years before I retire so there's no use getting my panties in a bunch over it right now. I'm also trying to speak happy thoughts to myself and not worry about how this economic downtown is going to impact my job options upon completion of my MBA in May... I sure have a knack for graduating during economic downturns... The ecomony was also down in 2003 when I finished my undergrad degree. Yea for me!


Anywho, in light of all that is happening, I figured we all needed a little something to smile about. Direct your attention to the book to the right. It is absolutely fabulous! I stumbled upon it while browsing the Wild Rumpus website. It was on their bestseller list, so I had to check it out when I was at Barnes & Noble recently. It is adorable. I had the hugest smile on my face when I was reading it! If I had a niece, I would buy this book for her. Maybe I will buy it for myself for days when I need a smile? What makes it even more endearing is that I have a friend that is an adult version of Nancy. Her name is Heidi and she is one of my nearest and dearest friends. And she loves all things fancy! I met her in college, so didn't know her during her childhood, but I am confident that this book is an accurate depiction of her personality as a child.

Seriously, check it out! It's bound to make you smile!

No comments: