Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy?
I would find some new dishes so I could cross that off my '30 before 30' list. Whatever is left after that purchase would be spent on books. Shocking, I know.

2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had?
I don't think so. My parents exposed us to everything - whether it was common or uncommon.

3. What was your favorite way to use your imagination as a kid?
My cousin & I would play house in our ditch. We would pretend the culvert (pipe that allows drainage between to ditches) was a stove. We spent countless hours playing in that ditch!

4. What’s your favorite state? Why?
Colorado. I absolutely love that state - it is gorgeous. I spent a summer & 2 winter breaks working at a ski resort & fell head-over-heels in love with the area.

I am also quite fond of Minnesota in the summer!!

5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice?
Yes, they would. Heck, I might still ask them to do this for me. ;) No, but seriously - my mom has a great track record. When she met my 4 siblings spouses, she knew after the first meeting that they would get married. 4 out of 4 is impressive.

6. What’s your favorite herb?
Basil. Works in so many different dishes! My favorite way to have it is on a simple caprese salad. Mmm.

7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose?
There isn't anyone that really sticks out in my mind... Maybe Hugh Jackman? He's very, very attractive and has a lovely accent! Plus I have visited his home country so we'd have lots to talk about.

8. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
Beauty & the Beast. My sisters & I watched this movie so much, I still know the words of most of the songs!!

9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose?
It'd have to be something subtle/relaxing otherwise I'd drive myself nuts. So maybe Moonlight Sonata?

10. How do you order your steak?
Medium Rare!

13 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite too! I wanted to move to Orlando and be Belle at Disneyworld.

Emily Jane said...

High five steak buddy lol.

I love Beauty and the Beast too - and Aladdin. I think they're tied!

Mandy said...

Minnesota in the summer? Sounds like a great time to visit. =)

I adore Beauty and The Beast, I'm listening to the Glee station on Pandora. Songs from Beauty and The Beast show up pretty frequently.

I love that you played in a ditch, sounds very familiar.

Nora said...

I still have the Beauty & the Beast sheet music to play on the piano. I used to sit and play (melodies only) and sing my little heart out when I was little. I think I had a few of the figures from the movie too, specifically the teacup!

Hugh Jackman is an excellent selection. I think I'd choose either Johnny Depp or Aksel =)

Abby said...

I loved playing in the ditch! In fact, one time I had a friend over and Mom was at the apartments mowing -- and when she come home, we were in our swimming suits IN APRIL swimming in it! Grosssss!!!

Beauty in the Beast is amazing

Kyla Roma said...

Yes! I'm with you on Basil, I cannot WAIT to plant it again this year =)

Carolina John said...

medium rare. good call. and basil? i knew there was a reason i liked you.

try growing your own basil plants this year in containers on the deck or a window box next to the kitchen. it's easy and amazing.

Amber said...

That's too funny that you guys played house in the ditch! Me and my brother used to play the randomest games in our backyard. Oh, to have the imagination of a child again!

I order my steak medium-rare also. YUM!

Little Fish said...

Hell yea on the medium rare!

Kelly said...

Wow, that is impressive that your mom called it on your sibling's future spouses! Maybe you should think about an arranged marriage haha. Just kidding :)

I think I would spend all $200 on books haha. I am terrible!

Kelly said...

Lol on your comment on my blog. I never attempt cooking like that on a weeknight either but I randomly had a meeting AND tutoring canceled in one day so I was home at 4:15- didn't know what to do with myself it was so early!!! Truthfully though I was planning to go to spinning at 6:30 so I was getting a bit stressed towards the end of the cooking haha. Tonight I had a left over salmon sandwich, more of a normal weeknight meal haha

Marlys said...

Well, one thing's for sure - we never introduced you kids to sushi! And I rarely fixed liver because I detest that! But all in all, you were good eaters!

Nicole said...

My friend and I used to play house in the woods. Different groups of trees were different rooms. Oh how I miss playing like a kid sometimes.